Final play in game

BamaDoc

First love the win but did anyone notice the double play to end game?  Men on first and second, defenders shifted to right. Grounder right of second. Tim fielded and tagged runner with glove extended. Problem I think I saw was ball was in right hand and about 4 feet from glove. I always thought tag had to be made ball in glove with glove. Alternatively, tag made ball in hand, tagged and ball held by that hand. Checked a state rule book and my interpretation correct. Is mlb different or did I not see it correctly?

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

First love the win but did anyone notice the double play to end game?  Men on first and second, defenders shifted to right. Grounder right of second. Tim fielded and tagged runner with glove extended. Problem I think I saw was ball was in right hand and about 4 feet from glove. I always thought tag had to be made ball in glove with glove. Alternatively, tag made ball in hand, tagged and ball held by that hand. Checked a state rule book and my interpretation correct. Is mlb different or did I not see it correctly?

I think Tim’s quick hands fooled you.  It was a legit DP.

I do!  Was having internet issues and when the game ended I couldn't get replay.  Even this morning it hung about five times.  Finally remembered the 3 min game video always has last out so saw it there.  I missed it clear as day.  Embarrassing.  On another note, I may have met you pre Angels playoff.  Met several posters.  I had my son with me.  He was about 12 at time.  Great memories.