Sox @ Reds GT 9/20/20

soxfan49

• bmags pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I like Madrigal in the 2 nd spot.  That will be his eventual spot in the order on an everyday basis IMO.

I like him there over Grandal or Eloy.  But a healthy Moncada with his speed and pop makes the top of the order way more formidable IMO (Obvious exception this season).  I like Madrigal as a pest at the bottom, never giving pitchers an easy out before the lineup turns over again.  He’s gonna be on the bases a lot when TA comes to bat again. 

I have long liked Madrigal’s ability to hit behind the runner in the two hole. Timmy is getting on at a .450 clip in the first inning. I like a healthy Moncada at two or three but he isn’t healthy. I give mo and Robert at least two days off between now and playoffs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I have long liked Madrigal’s ability to hit behind the runner in the two hole. Timmy is getting on at a .450 clip in the first inning. I like a healthy Moncada at two or three but he isn’t healthy. I give mo and Robert at least two days off between now and playoffs. 

Yes, some of our players need some rest going into the playoffs and the priority should be setting/aligning our pitching rotation first, more than the division win.  This year is much different without home field advantage.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If he benefits from it, I dont see why they can't give him another one or two considering we have 7 games in 7 days and then the playoffs. Its not like CLE can catch us and at this point realistically MIN can't catch us either. 

Yeah if Sox win today and Cubs beat the Twins it's a division title for sure and rest please