Sox @ Reds GT 9/20/20

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yeah, this one just isn’t going to change and it’s not like this is a long term investment. 

Especially with the sliders we will see against the Indians. It’s time to start figuring out the postseason lineup instead of just playing the veteran.

• Thanks 1

I love seeing Cease getting ahead. Him losing his control and nibbling has been the only real dig in him.

Why people don’t believe in this kid is beyond me. He can be a top end SP if he continues to progress and that inning was a great preview of it.

Dude is awesome. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Why is Cease working from the stretch.  I don't like that.

He had no control from the windup against the Twins. I actually talked about this during his last start in the gamethread. Good to see Coop taking my advice to heart. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I love seeing Cease getting ahead. Him losing his control and nibbling has been the only real dig in him.

Why people don’t believe in this kid is beyond me. He can be a top end SP if he continues to progress and that inning was a great preview of it.

Dude is awesome. 

Cuz he falls behind and nibbles far too often.  When he can’t command his FB he becomes predictable.  He’s a talented work in progress who has pretty unreliable this year.  If he can fix that I agree he has TOR potential. 

Edited by SouthWallace

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I want him to fix his delivery but not by abandoning it and going exclusively from the stretch.  

Seems like it's the new norm for pitchers in general. I didn't like Kopech doing it in spring training but it does help with wasted motion and consistency. 

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Cuz he falls behind and nibbles far too often.  When he can’t command his FB he becomes predictable.  He’s a talented work in progress who has pretty unreliable this year.  If he can fix that I agree he has TOR potential.  

Do I hear an echo?