The Final Week of the Regular Season

hi8is

What are you all hoping to see over these final 7 regular season games? List out your top three aspirations specifically.

Please donโ€™t included obvious items like winning or winning the division.

For me it is...

1.) Luis Robert makes adjustments finally and becomes the monster he was in July and August.

2.) Tim Anderson shows his injury today to be insignificant and finishes strong.

3.) The trio of Dunning, Giolito, and D.K. all at least give us quality starts.

I'd like to see some signs of life from Robert and Moncadaย  and for the EE experiment to end.ย  Grandal needs to be 1B more with Jose DH and James catching.ย  I'd like to see Dunning cement his spot as 3rd starter for playoffs.ย  I'd like to see a lot more rest for TA, especially now that he has the hamstring issue.ย  They need to be trying to peak at the right time.

• I'm encouraged Robert got on base a few times today. Want to see that continue.
  • Moncada needs to get on track
  • Get Cease some help
  • Giolito, Keuchel and Dunning should be the rotation in the first series. Add Lopez if we get past that.

ย 

ย 

I'd like to see them win the division. It's a broad one,ย but Minnesota is only 2 out and the Sox get to deal with CLE's pitching for the next 4 days while the Twins get the Tigers for 3.ย It's entirely plausible they do not win it and that would be disheartening. In order to do so, that's when we can get into specifics- better play from Moncada and Robert, longer starts from the SP'sย & Renteria figuring out that Encarnacion is a pile of shit.

26 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I'd like to see them win the division. It's a broad one,ย but Minnesota is only 2 out and the Sox get to deal with CLE's pitching for the next 4 days while the Twins get the Tigers for 3.ย It's entirely plausible they do not win it and that would be disheartening. In order to do so, that's when we can get into specifics- better play from Moncada and Robert, longer starts from the SP'sย & Renteria figuring out that Encarnacion is a pile of shit.

The Twins only play the Tigers twice. The Twins have 5 games remaining and the Sox have 7 games remaining now. The Twins have an off dayย tomorrow and on Thursday whereas the Sox donโ€™t have any off days for the remainder of the season.ย 

Edited by maloney.adam

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If we lose 3 of 4 to Cleveland and lose 2 of 3 to the Cubs, the Twins would still have to go 4-1 in their last 5 to win the division.ย 

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

In that circumstance, Cleveland might win the division.

Winning 1 versus CLE leaves a magic number of 1 to keep them away from the division title. ย A single weekend win versus the Cubs or a CLE loss to PTG would end their hopes. ย Letโ€™s just minimum splitย with CLE and wrap up the central with one more W or a MiN L. ย This CAN and SHOULDย happen.

ย 

Edited by margiss

7 hours ago, margiss said:

Winning 1 versus CLE leaves a magic number of 1 to keep them away from the division title. ย A single weekend win versus the Cubs or a CLE loss to PTG would end their hopes. ย Letโ€™s just minimum splitย with CLE and wrap up the central with one more W or a MiN L. ย This CAN and SHOULDย happen.

ย 

We canโ€™t in any way count on Pittsburg to win any games in the final series. ๐Ÿ‘