Crochet

AJ'S Cousin

23 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I doubt it.

But I home I'm wrong.

No way they took him at 11 to put him in the pen.  Crochet struggled as a reliever as a freshman. He didn’t pitch bad as a starter and great as a reliever ala Ian Hamilton. He also didn’t throw a 100 until Fall ball last year.  I was worried about a potential relief profile when drafted, but I am not as worried about it now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

No way they took him at 11 to put him in the pen.  Crochet struggled as a reliever as a freshman. He didn’t pitch bad as a starter and great as a reliever ala Ian Hamilton. He also didn’t throw a 100 until Fall ball last year.  I was worried about a potential relief profile when drafted, but I am not as worried about it now.

About 97% of all the pitchers that I've ever seen that can throw 101 are bullpen/closers.

I'm mean I'd love for him to be the next Randy Johnson - it's just unusual.

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Glad to see you back on team Crochet,  Jack.  

I never left. 

Who's prez of the Crochet fan club and who's VP? 

We've been his biggest fans since we knew the Sox were picking 11 last fall. I still can't believe they actually took him. 

We're mostly on the same team when it comes to prospects. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I never left. 

Who's prez of the Crochet fan club and who's VP? 

We've been his biggest fans since we knew the Sox were picking 11 last fall. I still can't believe they actually took him. 

We're mostly on the same team when it comes to prospects. 

I remember having to talk you back to team Crochet.  Who's Prez and who's VP?  I'll quote Justin Timberlake in Social Network: 

"I'm CEO, b****"

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I remember having to talk you back to team Crochet.  Who's Prez and who's VP?  I'll quote Justin Timberlake in Social Network: 

"I'm CEO, b****"

I was a bit worried about his injury this spring but I don't remember being on anyone else. 

I thought the Sox would actually take Cavalli. 

What happened to the 2020 pre-draft discussion thread? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I find it crazy that some are sitting here watching Crochet in the majors dominating batters during a division race after missing his junior year and no minor leagues...

and you are putting a ceiling on what he can do?

Based on a college season none of us watched?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I find it crazy that some are sitting here watching Crochet in the majors dominating batters during a division race after missing his junior year and no minor leagues...

and you are putting a ceiling on what he can do?

Based on a college season none of us watched?

Nah... just 99% of all people that throw like him are closers are bullpen.

I mean it would be awesome if he ended up being a starter...

But just because you guys are like little children that opened their toy for christmas... doesn't make it reality.

These observations from Chris O'Leary are a bit sobering. Hopefully Sox staff can help him with his pitching mechanics so his career is not cut short due to injury.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Nah... just 99% of all people that throw like him are closers are bullpen.

I mean it would be awesome if he ended up being a starter...

But just because you guys are like little children that opened their toy for christmas... doesn't make it reality.

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s going to throw max velo every pitch as a starter but he also hasn’t even had a chance to develop yet and you are acting like he’s a finished product.