Crochet

AJ'S Cousin

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

Nah... just 99% of all people that throw like him are closers are bullpen.

I mean it would be awesome if he ended up being a starter...

But just because you guys are like little children that opened their toy for christmas... doesn't make it reality.

...that's what you're doing.

"Oh, new toy. This is what he shall be forever."

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

Nah... just 99% of all people that throw like him are closers are bullpen.

I mean it would be awesome if he ended up being a starter...

But just because you guys are like little children that opened their toy for christmas... doesn't make it reality.

Chris Sale says hi.

Just now, Timmy U said:

Chris Sale says hi.

Chris Sale didn't have this guys velo.. and Chris sale has been breaking down over the past few years - which is why starting pitchers that throw over a 100 are rare.

Hey if they can make this guy into a starting pitcher and he gives a few good seasons like Sale did.

That would be awesome.  just saying is very rare to find any left handed starting pitcher that throws 101

16 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Chris Sale didn't have this guys velo.. and Chris sale has been breaking down over the past few years - which is why starting pitchers that throw over a 100 are rare.

Hey if they can make this guy into a starting pitcher and he gives a few good seasons like Sale did.

That would be awesome.  just saying is very rare to find any left handed starting pitcher that throws 101

https://www.mlb.com/news/chris-sale-throws-his-fastest-pitch-since-2010-c286283410

In fact, Sale hit 101 mph and 100.7 mph back in 2010, when he was exclusively a reliever for the White Sox.

Yeah, Crochet hits it easier, but Sale threw hard as a reliever.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I get it, you think he throws too hard to be a starter. Agree to disagree.  Would like to point out Chris Sale has over 45 career WAR. That's better than a few good seasons.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:12 AM, AJ'S Cousin said:

Starter or reliever?? Great start but 3 innings in college and 1 inning in majors does not make a career. 101 fastball? Great!! But very little movement. Good hitters can catchup to 101. Pluses we have is is a GREAT PITCHING COACH. very good catchers that can call a great game and pitch framing  He can be a great one but let’s not rush him. We brought Giolito along properly, Bummer etc is he a starter or reliever. That needs to be determined   Bummers return in his old form is key to getting to the WS. Huer looks great!! Foster looks like a stud. Jace is coming along. We have the potential to have a really great shut down bullpen.   

I also am done with the Crotchet responses, we all know he has Chris Sale POTENTIAL. Starter or reliever next year?? Let the powers that be make that decision.

We can possibly build a great bullpen for 2021 whether he's a Starter or Reliever/Closer. Huer, Foster, Bummer, Marshall, Fry!!! And that's if Crotchet is a starter, not to mention Colome if they decide to resign him( which i doubt). Who's to say that they don't add Cease or Dunning to the bullpen for next year?? You never know what they may do. Is Kopech going to the bullpen early next year to start season because he took the year off and still recovering from TJ Surgery? Will still only have 2 legit Starters for 2021, Giolito and Keuchel, Lopez and Kopech don't  count yet and i believe Rodon may be done or ALSO going to the bullpen!! LOL.  That's all i have to say right now until a new topic comes up. 

Garrett Crochet has only been up with the White Sox since Sept. 18, and he’s already thrown the second-most 100 mph pitches in the Majors this year. The hard-throwing lefty made headlines for being the first player to appear in the Majors the year he was drafted since Brandon Finnegan in 2014, but once he set foot on the mound, all eyes -- and storylines -- have been on Crochet's velocity.

Through his appearance on Saturday night, Crochet has thrown 45 pitches of at least 100 mph in just six innings this season. The only pitcher with more 100 mph pitches is the Dodgers’ Brusdar Graterol, with 47 in 22 1/3 innings.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/garrett-crochet-100-mph-pitches