9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

We aren't hitting and yes they have good pitching.

Yea this series really has me scared.

Edited by hi8is
If we were playing them a few weeks ago it’s a different story.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Expect to see McCann behind the plate with Dunning pitching, he has caught all but one of his starts (Collins caught his first start). Hope Tim gets the day off if he has any soreness with the cramp he experienced yesterday. I expect the lineup below, if Tim is a go, he slots first and Madrigal 9th.

2B Madrigal 1B Grandal DH Abreu LF Jimenez 3B Moncada McCann CF Robert RF Mazara SS Sanchez

Well expectations not met with McCann.

24 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

What?

In case you missed it, Cleveland has stopped "pitching out its mind" and all it takes is three runs, four max, to beat the Tribe.  Yes, Bieber is scary, but he, like all good pitchers, is still susceptible to the long ball (as is Plesac and Carrasco the #2 and #3) so I see the Sox scratching out enough runs as long as the Sox pitching staff holds down the few decent hitters in the Tribe lineup.  If you commit to not letting Jose Ramirez beat you who's left?  Tribe can't do that with the Sox lineup.  They pretty much have to go at everyone.

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

It's a good thing it doesn't really matter

It does not for the division necessarily but to me it matters because we need to start seeing improvements in our sore spots NOW because this is exactly what game competition will be like come next week.

Exciting times.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It does not for the division necessarily but to me it matters because we need to start seeing improvements in our sore spots NOW because this is exactly what game competition will be like come next week.

Exciting times.

for me, its getting hot before the playoffs. In baseball its the hot team that wins not necessarily the best. Look at Washignton.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

for me, its getting hot before the playoffs. In baseball its the hot team that wins not necessarily the best. Look at Washignton.

Anything can happen in a 3 game series and more often than not the team that comes in hot (not necessarily the better team) will win, so yea need to get hot and hope Gio has a helluva playoff debut.  It will be exciting but it might be disappointing finish unless the cold bats get going.

Jarrod Dyson is a wasted roster spot. We should have Yermin or Collins up so we could play Grandal and McCann more. Management is putting us is a worse spot to compete in the playoffs by not recognizing this. Our playoff lineup would be much better with Grandal and McCann playing every game. 

5 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Jarrod Dyson is a wasted roster spot. We should have Yermin or Collins up so we could play Grandal and McCann more. Management is putting us is a worse spot to compete in the playoffs by not recognizing this. Our playoff lineup would be much better with Grandal and McCann playing every game. 

They got Dyson for his speed, specifically for the playoffs imho.

23 minutes ago, Avory said:

In case you missed it, Cleveland has stopped "pitching out its mind" and all it takes is three runs, four max, to beat the Tribe.  Yes, Bieber is scary, but he, like all good pitchers, is still susceptible to the long ball (as is Plesac and Carrasco the #2 and #3) so I see the Sox scratching out enough runs as long as the Sox pitching staff holds down the few decent hitters in the Tribe lineup.  If you commit to not letting Jose Ramirez beat you who's left?  Tribe can't do that with the Sox lineup.  They pretty much have to go at everyone.

I don't think the Tribe needs to pitch out of their minds to win 3 of 4. They can pitch well and do so in theory. The Reds did not pitch out of their minds and took two out of three. Our sleeping bats need to wake up a bit. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I don't think the Tribe needs to pitch out of their minds to win 3 of 4. They can pitch well and do so in theory. The Reds did not pitch out of their minds and took two out of three. Our sleeping bats need to wake up a bit. 

Yeah it’s hard to see the Sox doing damage in the postseason if their two most talented players continue to be automatic outs.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

We also have two guys who can catch at a top level and assloads of guys who can DH.

You obviously don't understand the issue. With another catcher on the bench we can play can both McCann and Grandal at catcher and DH in the same game. Without another catcher we can't do that. That is why we saw them playing in the same game more earlier in the year. Now we only see it on the rare occasion when Abreu DHs and Grandal plays first.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm mainly talking about the best of three playoff series where the Sox can more or less line up very good pitching to match up with the Tribe's top guys.  Let me put it another way: Sox pitching against the Tribe lineup easily makes Sox pitchers as good as the Tribe's.   That doesn't leave Cleveland much room for error, especially if Moncada and Robert wake up at all.