9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Tnetennba

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

hes never been an above average hitter.  hes been above average at getting on base.  there's a difference 

Depends on your definition of hitter then. I guess getting on base isn't part of hitting in your definition.

5 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Why does everyone give our front office so much leeway here? Sign Dunn, Laroche, Keppinger, trade for Frazier, oh but sure, signing low-BA power types will work this time!

No. It won’t. Grandal is more of the same. And he was an “improvement“ that wasn’t even needed. We needed a legit RF, but we screwed that one up too.

The prospects are working out great. That’s good. But if this team signs hitters or trades for them, the bigger it is, the uglier it is.

Agreed.  I was posting last offseason that we didnt need grandal and that ozuna shouldve been our primary target (after starting pitching).  Felt the same way about EE.  Ended up talking myself into both after the fact, but am really disappointed in both.  

trying to talk myself now into grandal over the next four years, but id rather have mccann and that money still available for pitching

• Like 1

Lopez tomorrow. Bieber going against Giolito Wednesday according to some. 

This is why this series coming out of Cincy scared me.

I’m usually not in the pessimistic camp and hope they can turn this around but I’m feeling the doom along with the gloom.

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Something absolutely has to be done with the DH position here during the last week and heading in to the playoffs. Your DH can't be an automatic out and that is what EE is. I don't care that he will hit a HR here and there your DH has to hit consistently. 

Its not that hard.  Mccann and grandal start every game and alternate between dh and C

Something absolutely has to be done with the DH position here during the last week and heading in to the playoffs. Your DH can't be an automatic out and that is what EE is. I don't care that he will hit a HR here and there your DH has to hit consistently. 

They had a chance at the deadline to go after a lefty bat or promote Vaughn. It’s too late now, seems clear they’re going to ride or die with EE.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's a fucking miracle they took 3 of 4 from the Twins honestly.

What are they Kip? Lollygaggers! they lollygag around the bases. It a miracle they've won this many games. A miracle.

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Agreed.  I was posting last offseason that we didnt need grandal and that ozuna shouldve been our primary target (after starting pitching).  Felt the same way about EE.  Ended up talking myself into both after the fact, but am really disappointed in both.  

trying to talk myself now into grandal over the next four years, but id rather have mccann and that money still available for pitching

Goodness can you imagine having Ozuna right now? Guy is killing it in ATL.

The Sox have a DH playing LF, a DH playing 1B, their best prospect is a DH/1B, and yet their regular DH is hitting .164!  What's wrong with this picture?

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

That trade was awful

On what grounds? Frazier’s career plunged off a cliff, Robertson was dynamite for a half season and mediocre after. Yeah, we’ll probably get nothing in the end but we dumped some declining assets we didn’t need for a highly regarded first round draft pick.

3 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

On what grounds? Frazier’s career plunged off a cliff, Robertson was dynamite for a half season and mediocre after. Yeah, we’ll probably get nothing in the end but we dumped some declining assets we didn’t need for a highly regarded first round draft pick.

Rutherfords prospect profile had fallen off a map at that point and we've seen why since. Basically traded 3 MLB regulars for nothing. Kahlne was one of the best relievers in baseball at the time albeit didn't have the track record. All have had plenty of positive value since although there's been injuries and you can argue it was a salary dump for guys we weren't paying anyways. Still trading 3 MLB regulars for very little usually isn't a good thing.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Thanks 1