9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

It’s not one of those days. We have a lot of bad players. Too many, for a playoff team. Our FO does a good job of extending young talent with team friendly deals, but we acquire via trades and FA an astounding amount of junk (I’ll credit them massively for Keuchel, though). We are a subpar team when playing anyone but three particular teams. The playoffs will expose us in a big way.

My god. All it took for people to completely turn on this team was a series loss. There's no doubt this team is flawed, but every team out there except maybe the Dodgers has holes. 

And would the White Sox PLEASE get some help for Hahn with free agency/trades that don't involved Q/Sale/Eaton?

Because Grandal, EE, Mazara have all mightily disappointed, Gio's been about what we expected, but if it wasn't for Keuchel and McCann (who we probably could have resigned for 30-40% of what they ended up giving Grandal), this site would be a completely different place right now.

Imagine if he'd picked Bumgarner, instead?

I'm not even sure how close they were with him (preferring NL/West Coast, etc.), but that would have totally sucked.

As it stands now, we're losing one of our best team leaders and Gio's safety blanket in the offseason.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Oh so we are the Pittsburgh Pirates now? 😂

Is hyperbole the only thing we have here? No, I didn’t say we are the Pirates. But we are not a true playoff team, either. We miiight beat the Astros or Jays, but anyone else is going to expose us in a week or so. Our offense can be dynamic but is also young, undisciplined, and inexperienced (with several glaring weaknesses), we have two reliable starters, and that’s just not going to be enough.

And since I’m already unpopular, how long do we give Moncada? Yeah, he got COVID this year. I sympathize, but he had two bad years, one fantastic year, and now he’s back to his old ways. When do we determine what kind of player he actually is? It shouldn’t be this year or next year, but if he’s putting up ~.700 OPS in 2022, I’m going to laugh at the people talking about how good he’s going to be some day.