9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think we are seeing the Sox are just too young.  Veteran free agents outside of Dallas are not producing and young guys are slumping.  

You can send this one to Cooperstown. 

Well we keep signing position players north of 30 who played in the NL.  That formula doesn't work.

• Love 1

This board is entertaining. Guys, relax! They are one year ahead of schedule and made the playoffs already. If they blow the division, they blow the division but it’s early. There are still games left to be played to start jumping off the cliff this early. 😂

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yeah not a chance in hell EE is brought back. I don’t think people realize how high they are on Vaughn.

I hope you are right. They’ll still likely play games with service time as they did keeping Madrigal in Schaumburg, despite the fact the new CBA may render all of these games meaningless.

Not every single rookie is worth doing this with, the two who signed extensions were, because their ceilings are much higher. 

25 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Something absolutely has to be done with the DH position here during the last week and heading in to the playoffs. Your DH can't be an automatic out and that is what EE is. I don't care that he will hit a HR here and there your DH has to hit consistently. 

I'd take Engel or Sanchez as DH over EE at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This board is entertaining. Guys, relax! They are one year ahead of schedule and made the playoffs already. If they blow the division, they blow the division but it’s early. There are still games left to be played to start jumping off the cliff this early. 😂

It seems like we have posters who will turn off game 1 of the World Series if we give up a leadoff single. LOL. You read some game threads that the score is 0-0 and you feel like we're down 10. It's at least a fun read.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

You’re too new around here to have acquired Post Traumatic Sox Disorder. Thank you for the reassurance. I need it and hate being a part of the negative Nancy crowd, even if it’s just for a game or series.

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Not high enough to stop playing service time games...

Service time plays a role but vaughn also never played above high A. Nobody can blame the sox if they keep him down next super 2 deadline.

Of course EE is not coming back, he is not as bad as he was this year but definitely not worth the money.