9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

It may be time for the manager to get a little fired up. Get some energy in these guys. Four of our last 5 have mostly been sleepwalking. 

Jerry Manuel and Robin Ventura might have more fight in them than RR.

Edited by southsideirish71

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Just one of those days

It’s not one of those days. We have a lot of bad players. Too many, for a playoff team. Our FO does a good job of extending young talent with team friendly deals, but we acquire via trades and FA an astounding amount of junk (I’ll credit them massively for Keuchel, though). We are a subpar team when playing anyone but three particular teams. The playoffs will expose us in a big way.

1 minute ago, Dallas Kong said:

It’s not one of those days. We have a lot of bad players. Too many, for a playoff team. Our FO does a good job of extending young talent with team friendly deals, but we acquire via trades and FA an astounding amount of junk (I’ll credit them massively for Keuchel, though). We are a subpar team when playing anyone but three particular teams. The playoffs will expose us in a big way.

Oh so we are the Pittsburgh Pirates now? 😂

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Good god

Did he know Quintana wasn't that good and Eloy was going to be 40+ HR a year too? 

Cease did not figure in their short term plans. Q is a decent pitcher and could have helped the Cubs.

Eloy is a DH on a team full of them. If the Sox don't get him out of LF soon he won't be anything.

Take your frustrations out on ownership, not me.

Cease,is expendable just like he was to the Cubs.

• Haha 1

Just now, NWINFan said:

I am getting a real bad feeling about this team right now. Cincy was awful. Now behind again,

It’s real simple, the offense has to break out of the slump it’s in. Too many easy outs. Yoan and Robert are allergic to hits, EE is terrible, Grandal is in a slump and Mazara is putrid. That’s 5 of your 9 hitters right there. Hard to mount a rally with so many black holes.

Without Moncada, Robert and EE, this offense feels dead in the water.

I'm just not sure Luis can pull out of this before retooling his approach in the offseason.

Maybe?

As DJ said, he's guessing/cheating, his left-shoulder has been flying open and he's pulling off the ball...they're killing him with sliders off the plate.  He used to drive those pitches up the middle and to right field, or out of the ballpark entirely.

It's just one game, don't like the comparisons with 2000 where we clinched early and just kind of coasted into the playoffs...plus, there's no clear 3rd starter (still) now between Cease and Dunning.

Knowing Renteria, he'll go with Gio Gonzalez or Matt Foster.