9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Tnetennba

40 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Don't lose faith yet. Sox are in a bit of a funk and it's not been that bad. Robert is going to get hot again and Jose is gonna ignite the guys in the postseason. He knows nothing is guaranteed in this game and Sox won't waste at bats in the postseason as many are doing now. Pitching is off, too. We'll see but I think Sox will be OK.

Hugs.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

I don’t think anyone cares about winning the division. Stoney implied it tonight.

Getting into the post season is the main thing but blowing the division especially after that big series against the Twins would be a big disappointment. And the team doesn't want to go into the post season playing like they are now. I don't care what Stoney implied.

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Getting into the post season is the main thing but blowing the division especially after that big series against the Twins would be a big disappointment. And the team doesn't want to go into the post season playing like they are now. I don't care what Stoney implied.

Renteria and our leaders already said they want to win the division anyway. That was their next goal after clinching. So we shouldn't all pretend that wasn't a goal to alleviate pain of possibly blowing the lead. 

Did everyone expect us to win all three remaining series (and win like 40 games)?  I sure didn’t.  I thought we’d lose the CIncinnati series, specially since we pretty much punted the first game with Stiever.  We’re one game into the Cleveland series.  Relax.  We’re not going to play at a .700 clip every week.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tray said:

1. Ozzie said that he would rather see a flag for this year that says "2020 Division Championship", and I agree with him.

2. That might be all that the Sox get this season.  It is within reach.

3. The Cubs and Cub fans would get a rise out of denying the White Sox the Division Championship and busting their balls going into the play-offs.

4. "Stoney" is wrong.

Why worry so much about everyone else?  Don't waste so much time and effort on everyone else's feellings.

39 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

If memory serves me in 2005 we went into a bit of a funk about this time when Cleveland was on our tail and was only 1.5 games behind and we pulled out the studs we were back then

This is true, but the Indians just ran out of gas. They were playing .700 ball and couldn't keep that up. The Sox can still win the division but they are being exposed a little right now.

16 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

This is true, but the Indians just ran out of gas. They were playing .700 ball and couldn't keep that up. The Sox can still win the division but they are being exposed a little right now.

I know this is probably going to cause a few meltdowns, but does this sound familiar?  This team has way out performed what was expected of them, had an insane 40 game streak, and is now cooling off and seemingly fading off.  I think the truth for the Sox is that they aren't as good as they were when they were hot streaking, but obviously not as bad as they have been hitting lately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

The time to wake up will be the Cubs series. They have a good team and it should be a prime playoff tuneup and hint of what's to come.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know this is probably going to cause a few meltdowns, but does this sound familiar?  This team has way out performed what was expected of them, had an insane 40 game streak, and is now cooling off and seemingly fading off.  I think the truth for the Sox is that they aren't as good as they were when they were hot streaking, but obviously not as bad as they have been hitting lately.

People got a little spoiled during the 20-5 streak or whatever it was. Unfortunately, the cold streak is happening going into the playoffs. Regardless it has been a really good season and good progression of the young players. Everyone of them will be better off learning from these struggles.