Jump to content
Tnetennba

9.21.20 GT | White Sox @ Cleveland | 5:10PM CT

Recommended Posts

Dunning vs Civale

*5:10PM CT first pitch*

Edited by SouthWallace
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago White Sox (34-19, 17-9 on the road) at Cleveland (29-24, 12-11 at home) for a 4 game set in a possible preview of a potential Wild Card matchup.

Dane Dunning (2-0, 2.33 ERA, 28K, WHIP of 0.93) vs Aaron Civale (3-5, 3.80 ERA, 59K, WHIP of 1.20)

Sox are 2-4 vs Cleveland on the season and 1-1 vs tonight's starter Aaron Civale.  Sox dropped the 1st matchup 4-3 on July 28th.  Civale went 6.2 giving up 2ER but K'd 9.  Sox won 2-0 on Aug 7th, Civale went 7 giving up only a single earned run while K'ing 5.

Sox come in sputtering a bit after dropping 2 of 3 in ugly fashion in Cincinnati.  Sox are 2-3 in their last 5 after a 6 game win streak.

 

Edited by SouthWallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really would love a win here to calm my PTSD ( Post Traumatic Sox Disorder ) and set us up going into tomorrow’s lopsided affair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect to see McCann behind the plate with Dunning pitching, he has caught all but one of his starts (Collins caught his first start). Hope Tim gets the day off if he has any soreness with the cramp he experienced yesterday. I expect the lineup below, if Tim is a go, he slots first and Madrigal 9th.

2B Madrigal 1B Grandal DH Abreu LF Jimenez 3B Moncada McCann CF Robert RF Mazara SS Sanchez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Sox just have to go 4-3 the rest of the way to win the division. Let’s do it.

Let's win 7 in a row for the sake of my gambling addiction lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Let's win 7 in a row for the sake of my gambling addiction lol

Wanna put $100 on tonight's game with me and let it ride for 7-0?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA getting the start and leading off again. Thought he might be given the night off with the hamstring tightness, but hopefully this means it was nothing. Let's get back into a rhythm and get some Ws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

 

If Ricky could pencil in McCann instead of EE this would be a nice lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Why switch up catching assignment for Dunning now? 

Grandal will probably be the one catching him in the playoffs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last week  Moncada 1 for 21 with 11 k.  Robert 1-23 with 9k.   Obviously, we need them to turn it around.  Not sure if rest isn't in order.  Yoan had to come in on his "last" rest day when Tim went out (with Yolmer going from third to short).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When slumping like above, laying a bunt or slapping it against the shift may make sense just to help you mentally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

If we struggle this series, it’s probably OK. Oakland could pass us and line us up to play Houston, which I think is favorable.

Curious how most Sox fans feel about this.  Tribe fans are conflicted; don't know whether the Rays or Sox would be the better match-up...haven't really been considering the A's. (Tribe doesn't have much of an incentive to move up; who wants to play the Yankees?)  But never figured Sox fan might want Houston instead of Cleveland.  Tribe lineup is SO bad and the Sox is so good, it's difficult to imagine Cleveland hitting enough even with all their pitching.  That would argue  CLE fan should hope they get the Rays, but Indians never play well in Tampa, and the Rays are loaded on the mound and are well-managed.  It is a quandary!

It's hard to see why Chicago should fear Cleveland unless the Tribe pitches out of its mind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

When slumping like above, laying a bunt or slapping it against the shift may make sense just to help you mentally.

Yoan has tried bunting into the shift multiple times, typically to a Soxtalk meltdown.  He just hasn't been able to get one down as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Avory said:

It's hard to see why Chicago should fear Cleveland unless the Tribe pitches out of its mind. 

*Checks notes* Yep, the favorite to win the AL Cy Young still pitches for Cleveland.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Avory said:

 

It's hard to see why Chicago should fear Cleveland unless the Tribe pitches out of its mind.  

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Avory said:

Curious how most Sox fans feel about this.  Tribe fans are conflicted; don't know whether the Rays or Sox would be the better match-up...haven't really been considering the A's. (Tribe doesn't have much of an incentive to move up; who wants to play the Yankees?)  But never figured Sox fan might want Houston instead of Cleveland.  Tribe lineup is SO bad and the Sox is so good, it's difficult to imagine Cleveland hitting enough even with all their pitching.  That would argue  CLE fan should hope they get the Rays, but Indians never play well in Tampa, and the Rays are loaded on the mound and are well-managed.  It is a quandary!

It's hard to see why Chicago should fear Cleveland unless the Tribe pitches out of its mind.  

I don’t really want to stay right where we are and face Bieber (or Civale or Carrasco). If we rise up and get to face Toronto, I’m OK with that. Their ace is a lefty and they have garbage beyond that. If we sink and face Houston, their hitting is suddenly suspect (I wonder why) and they have a lefty, Greinke, and some decent 23 y/o, which I’m fine with. And as the standings sit now, I’m pretty confident it will be one of those three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×