I agree with the Big Hurt about Robert

jaws7575

Why is this kid batting 7th in the lineup with no real protection before him in the lineup. He can hit but they are not giving him anything good-pitching around him that obvious----------move the kid up  and get his confidence going. Good He will be a super star and you are paying him big money. When he is hot he can carry a team he is that good-----6 games left in the season moved him up ahead of Gramal please and use your gut you best guess where he should hit in the playoffs-lets not waste him--------he is not a 7 hitter

33 minutes ago, jaws7575 said:

I don't he has no protection  right now ----get a good hitter behind him------I really dont care if it is robert roberts it is the same guy   jack. I if you think he is a 7 hitter you have no clue-worse case bat him 9 and protect him with anderson

I've been calling for this for weeks. Looks like Roberts is adjusting the past two games with four walks. Hope he continues to do so if he isn't getting anything to hit, but you need someone better than Mazara to back him up.

This should be the everyday lineup:

• SS Anderson 
  • 3B Moncada
  • C/1B/DH Grandal (Catches Keuchel/Cease starts)
  • 1B/DH Abreu
  • LF Jimenez
  • CF Roberts
  • C/DH McCann
  • RF Mazara / Engel / Dyson
  • 2B Biggie Smalls
Edited by South Side Hit Men

dude hitting 100 in the last month.. but we want to move him to the top of the order?

Plus Franks premise is flat out false..  Robert has gotten plenty of fastballs down the middle and breaking balls up - and he fouls them off or swings and misses.

He has gotten pitches to hit... that's not true.

Edited by harkness99
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I've been calling for this for weeks. Looks like Roberts is adjusting the past two games with four walks. Hope he continues to do so if he isn't getting anything to hit, but you need someone better than Mazara to back him up.

This should be the everyday lineup:

• SS Anderson 
  • 3B Moncada
  • C/1B/DH Grandal (Catches Keuchel/Cease starts)
  • 1B/DH Abreu
  • LF Jimenez
  • CF Roberts
  • C/DH McCann
  • RF Mazara / Engel / Dyson
  • 2B Biggie Smalls

Don't you start now too

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

dude hitting 100 in the last month.. but we want to move him to the top of the order?

Plus Franks premise is flat out false..  Roberts has gotten plenty of fastballs down the middle and breaking balls up - and he fouls them off or swings and misses.

goddammit

Edited by gusguyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, jaws7575 said:

I don't he has no protection  right now ----get a good hitter behind him------I really dont care if it is robert roberts it is the same guy   jack. I if you think he is a 7 hitter you have no clue-worse case bat him 9 and protect him with anderson

Welcome to Soxtalk!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaws7575 said:

I do not oppose having McCann hit behind him-have someone give him some protection and good gracious he is not a 100 hitter, he is   mega star he has Griffey  Junior potential in center field.  He is young and needs a little protection

Welcome to Soxtalk!

6 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Plus Franks premise is flat out false..  Robert has gotten plenty of fastballs down the middle and breaking balls up - and he fouls them off or swings and misses.

This is correct and was proven by SI. He is not squaring the ball up. 

7 hours ago, jaws7575 said:

I do not oppose having McCann hit behind him-have someone give him some protection and good gracious he is not a 100 hitter, he is   mega star he has Griffey  Junior potential in center field.  He is young and needs a little protection

Robert is hitting below .200 the last month and  agree he usually does not have solid protection behind him. But Moncada is also hitting below .200 for the last month and he has had very solid protection. Sometimes the protection is not the problem. Players get into a slump and they have to fight their way out. Hopefully both will have a surge  in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, jaws7575 said:

This has to be Peavy44

• Like 1