9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Abreu is truly having an MVP season.  He is single handedly trying to keep them afloat.

My vote was Anderson until the past few games, Abreu has overtaken Anderson with four games to go.

Anderson is still the player the White Sox can least afford to lose, comparing the alternatives, but Abreu had the better season.

Still want to see Anderson win the Batting Title, though the past few games have turned the race to a come from behind task.

Just now, harkness99 said:

Bennetti really has no clue so many times... I knew that was gone off the bat

But bennetti thought it was just a fly ball,,, until he realized it wasn;t...

To be fair, Andy Masur also started the call as though it was a deep fly ball, until it wasn't. 

Hard to call the game off of a computer monitor.

I'm not worried about Robert's career trajectory at all, what he's going through is fairly normal and he's got enough talent to figure it out, it's just that it's coming at a really inopportune time for a contending team. This would probably just be a blip on a 162-game season, but in this year it's tanking his production completely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

To be fair, Andy Masur also started the call as though it was a deep fly ball, until it wasn't. 

Hard to call the game off of a computer monitor.

Yup, have to remember none of our announcers are at the stadium.

1 minute ago, lostfan said:

I'm not worried about Robert's career trajectory at all, what he's going through is fairly normal and he's got enough talent to figure it out, it's just that it's coming at a really inopportune time for a contending team. This would probably just be a blip on a 162-game season, but in this year it's tanking his production completely.

What are your thoughts about Moncada? 

I still think he's going to be fine next year but not 100% sure anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Bennetti really has no clue so many times... I knew that was gone off the bat

But bennetti thought it was just a fly ball,,, until he realized it wasn;t...

I'm a fan of Jason but a lot of times on hard-hit balls he will be like "and he hits a fly ball to left, that's deep left, and... ANDITISGONE!" like he realizes it belatedly even though it sounded like a 155mm howitzer coming off the bat

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill