9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Honestly I’m less upset with the result than the process (going to Ruiz).  If Foster allows the homer, at least it was your best reliever against lefties.  This is the second game this year we let a player who will be off the roster in 24 hours dictate the outcome.

This!!!

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

colome was hurt. he wanted to stick with him. didnt want to push fosters pitch count higher. 

shit happens in one baseball game, that's why theres no point in judging. 

But then why use Foster in an 8-5 game instead of Ruiz.  One mistake yesterday led to a bigger one today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Honestly I’m less upset with the result than the process (going to Ruiz).  If Foster allows the homer, at least it was your best reliever against lefties.  This is the second game this year we let a player who will be off the roster in 24 hours dictate the outcome.

Even if they went away from Foster, I'd go Cordero long before Ruiz. All of Ruiz's stuff is straight. Cordero at least has good movement. 

That last AB when Stone was talking about Lindor not being at 3rd could let Ruiz bury a slider, I was almost hoping he would because that would have opened up 1st, and then certainly the bat would have been taken out of Ramirez’s hands. Ronert should have caught that ball. Tough loss. Get the bad stretch out of your system for the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

Ok fine.....but why RUIZ???????

at this point, i think the sox are more worried about not using arms in the bullpen and already were pushing foster. they're more worried about being fresh next week. judge that however you wish. i think they still are trying to win but they wont stretch guys to do it.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

That last AB when Stone was talking about Lindor not being at 3rd could let Ruiz bury a slider, I was almost hoping he would because that would have opened up 1st, and then certainly the bat would have been taken out of Ramirez’s hands. Ronert should have caught that ball. Tough loss. Get the bad stretch out of your system for the playoffs.

At least we're still in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

colome was hurt. he wanted to stick with him. didnt want to push fosters pitch count higher. 

shit happens in one baseball game, that's why theres no point in judging. 

Allowing Foster(one of our best arms) pitch to Ramirez would have been the best option. How can they rationalize putting a pitcher like Ruiz in one of the most important spots of the year for us?

Edited by JuliusO1274

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

at this point, i think the sox are more worried about not using arms in the bullpen and already were pushing foster. they're more worried about being fresh next week. judge that however you wish. i think they still are trying to win but they wont stretch guys to do it.

Ok no problem with this logic but then why not Gio, Cordero, or even Detwiler for that reason.....

Just now, JuliusO1274 said:

Allowing Foster(one of are best arms) pitch to Ramirez would have been the best option. How can they rationalize putting a pitcher like Ruiz in one of the most important spots of the year for us?

Foster was struggling but this was his third time pitching in 4 nights and he was already at 20 pitches. The other time Foster pitched 3 times in 4 nights this year he gave up 2 ER in his 3rd outing. He did the same tonight.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Foster was struggling but this was his third time pitching in 4 nights and he was already at 20 pitches. The other time Foster pitched 3 times in 4 nights this year he gave up 2 ER in his 3rd outing. He did the same tonight.

Giving him one more batter is still preferable than going to Ruiz.

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill