9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Yeah but it’s that stupid rule of putting a runner on 2nd base in extras. Terrible rule that is unfair.

Well if we win baseball games instead of losing them it doesnt matter.   The only reason this matters is that we keep losing.   

34 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

At least a loss can hurt again?

Probably haven't felt like this since what 2012?

Well, they finished 4-11 and you just knew all along the Tigers were waiting in the weeds.

2008 and 2012 were still MUCH more painful down the stretch, though.   2005 until the Crede homer against RISKE turned the tide finally of the Indians' amazing charge from behind.

I had the game on my phone with 2 outs and runner on 2nd, Foster pitching, and just assumed we'd get the win...a bit reminiscent of a huge lead we had against the Royals in September 2005, and then woke up in the morning and they'd blown it was shocked and that panicked feeling arrived.

All things considered, with where Robert and Moncada are at, and EE, and Mazara continuing to underperform even Kole Calhoun expectations, winning a playoff series would be a pleasant surprise...definitely need to get Bummer back and maybe Crochet can just "not think at all" out there and practically do anything until he gets hit around.

Just going to have to approach it like 2008 when we faced the Rays without CQ.

We might be the 2nd best team in the AL statistically, but we're going to really need a spark to come from somewhere.

Does feel a bit like that last week of 2005....when we finally managed to get on a roll again.   We've got only five games left to do it, maybe it (logically) happens against the Cubbies, which would be fitting.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t care. MLB is a joke. How can you give a team a free pass or an advantage to win? Let them earn it. That’s anything in life. You have to work hard at it. How is that letting a team earn it or setting an example. 

How many runs were we ahead of going into the bottom of the 10th.  the guy on 2nd didnt matter, he could of been on 3rd waving himself in.  In the end we had to get 3 outs and didnt.  The Tigers were up and choked it away in the bottom of their inning.  

11 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

How many runs were we ahead of going into the bottom of the 10th.  the guy on 2nd didnt matter, he could of been on 3rd waving himself in.  In the end we had to get 3 outs and didnt.  The Tigers were up and choked it away in the bottom of their inning.  

It doesn’t matter. The runner gets placed on 2nd automatically and it gives a team an easier for a run. I wouldn’t want to be someone that lives or takes from other people or in this case a team if they haven’t earned it. You allow the other team to work hard for it and you allow the other team to get the double with no outs instead of just giving them an easy in. No ifs and or buts about it. I’m so pissed off right now and don’t get me started on these umps. 😤

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Because you simply aren’t worthy of actually making an effort on. You’re lower than a troll. You spend your time on a message board for die hard White Sox fans, and the only thing you post is how the team isn’t good, it’s a mirage, they will let us all down, etc. Think about for a second, you’re not only spending your time consuming a product you don’t believe in, but then going the extra mile to post on a message board to tell everyone how bad they are. It’s such a sad existence. 

I spend my time in a place for diehard White Sox fans because I am a diehard White Sox fan. That doesn’t mean I love everything about the team.

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It doesn’t matter. The runner gets placed on 2nd automatically and it gives a team an easier for a run. I wouldn’t want to be someone that lives or takes from other people or in this case a team if they haven’t earned it. You allow the other team to work hard for it and you allow the other team to get the double with no outs instead of just giving them an easy in. No ifs and or buts about it. I’m so pissed off right now and don’t get me started on these umps. 😤

Weird

9 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Weird

I hope this wasn’t directed towards me because if it was, it’s totally uncalled for. I have a right to speak my opinion about something if I don’t like something or vice versa. I’m holding my thoughts until I get some clarity.

Edited by maloney.adam

38 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This new rule for putting a base runner on 2nd base in extra innings is a terrible rule and isn’t fair. It’s like giving another team an advantage and doesn’t make sense whatsoever. I think MLB should’ve just cancelled the season. 

You may not like the rule but it isn't giving any team an unfair advantage when both teams get runners on 2nd in extras.

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

You may not like the rule but it isn't giving any team an unfair advantage when both teams get runners on 2nd in extras.

Whatever, I’m just an upset fan right now. I will cool off eventually. I still don’t like the rule though for any team.

Edited by maloney.adam

18 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

you can speak your opinion fine - but you don't make much sense.

I had to step away for a bit. Your correct I didn’t make much sense there. I apologize I had a little bit of a busy and tense evening. Didn’t meant to take it out on anyone if I did. Tomorrow will be a new day. Hopefully the Sox come out on the winning end tomorrow.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

I’ll bet you guys that Madrigal went to the locker room and while still suited up told everyone single player and coach that this loss was on him for the GIDP with the bases juiced.

Why? Because the kid is that kind of player. He will emerge as a leader in a couple years.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I’ll bet you guys that Madrigal went to the locker room and while still suited up told everyone single player and coach that this loss was on him for the GIDP with the bases juiced.

Why? Because the kid is that kind of player. He will emerge as a leader in a couple years.

I would have to imagine a lot of the guys in the clubhouse are taking it hard right now. They win 3 out of 4 against the Twins and they build a 3 game lead and than this happens. Hopefully the leaders step up and take responsibility for it and motivate the troops. 

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I would have to imagine a lot of the guys in the clubhouse are taking it hard right now. They win 3 out of 4 against the Twins and they build a 3 game lead and than this happens. Hopefully the leaders step up and take responsibility for it and motivate the troops. 

We’re going to see a small sample size of what the offseason will look like. Humility isn’t something that we manufacture as it’s a virtue born from being absolutely crushed.

The funny thing about it though is that once experienced, there isn’t any other characteristic that can be more transformative to lift people up.

Strange contradiction but it’s very true.

The proud are opposed. The humble are lifted up.

Let’s see if this happens quickly for the Chicago White Sox or if it happens slowly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d get suspended if I could respond to this post unfiltered, but to put it kindly you should feel absolutely horrible about typing this garbage

You've done it. I'm leaving until either the Sox win a game or they're eliminated. 

I've never felt this much apathy toward a playoff bound Sox team. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You've done it. I'm leaving until either the Sox win a game or they're eliminated. 

I've never felt this much apathy toward a playoff bound Sox team. 

I don’t think any White Sox fan over age forty could ever have this reaction...we have, out of the percentage of opportunities to make the playoffs, something like the third lowest success rate in MLB history.  We might even be #1.

We should just appreciate the opportunity and see what happens.

Next year is the real test with Vaughn replacing EE, and hopefully a better solution in RF.   The productivity over 2019-20 out of right has to be the very bottom of MLB, and not even all that close.

We weathered a lot of injuries, the Kopech situation, McCann and Colome are likely to be the only two significant losses to the roster.  Kopech/Vaughn/Crochet should more than balance that out.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I don’t think any White Sox fan over age forty could ever have this reaction...we have, out of the percentage of opportunities to make the playoffs, something like the third lowest success rate in MLB history.  We might even be #1.

We should just appreciate the opportunity and see what happens.

Next year is the real test with Vaughn replacing EE, and hopefully a better solution in RF.   The productivity over 2019-20 out of right has to be the very bottom of MLB, and not even all that close.

We weathered a lot of injuries, the Kopech situation, McCann and Colome are likely to be the only two significant losses to the roster.  Kopech/Vaughn/Crochet should more than balance that out.

Moncada and Roberts might show up on occasion as well.

9 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

This new rule for putting a base runner on 2nd base in extra innings is a terrible rule and isn’t fair. It’s like giving another team an advantage and doesn’t make sense whatsoever. I think MLB should’ve just cancelled the season. 

That's a big jump from not liking a new rule, which was put in there to avoid really long extra inning games, to cancelling the season altogether.  I don't think the MLBPA would like you.

10 hours ago, Dallas Kong said:

We are a playoff team because we dominated three really bad teams. We don’t belong in the playoffs, we aren’t that good (minus a few really exciting players), and we have one of the worst managers in baseball, but because of this weird season, he’s going to be reprieved from the unemployment line.

One of the worst managers in baseball hashnis team playing with the 3rd best winning percentage in baseball. So maybe managers don't make a difference, but the team's performance in this shortened season means they do belong in the playoffs. Added to the overall youth of many starters on this roster, this team has put on a great showing. 

How is your favorite team doing  ?

8 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Whatever, I’m just an upset fan right now. I will cool off eventually. I still don’t like the rule though for any team.

I'm not crazy about the rule either. MLB is trying to speed up games because no one has an attention span anymore, but I think I'd prefer it if it were set up as a progression. Something like:

10th & 11th inning - Runner on 1st

12th inning and beyond - Runner on 2nd

It still allows scoring to be easier than normal, but it makes it a bit tougher than it is today. It's a little more like college football overtime, scoring becomes a bit easier early in the overtime periods but once they get to 5 overtimes teams have to start going for 2. 

It's hard to watch a game being given away. Most of us could have reached up and caught that ball that Robert fumbled. Luis is in a really dark place right now and I have to wonder what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

It's hard to watch a game being given away. Most of us could have reached up and caught that ball that Robert fumbled. Luis is in a really dark place right now and I have to wonder what is going on. 

Looking at his Cuban and Minor League stats, this is basically the first time in his life that he has been challenged in the game of baseball and it's taking a toll on him. He's been the best player on the field in a majority of the games he has ever played and now he's struggling and it's up to him to adjust. He'll get there, sooner than later, and when he does it'll be really special to watch.

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill