Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Recommended Posts

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

i learned not to take the result of one baseball game for much.

Honestly I’m less upset with the result than the process (going to Ruiz).  If Foster allows the homer, at least it was your best reliever against lefties.  This is the second game this year we let a player who will be off the roster in 24 hours dictate the outcome.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Honestly I’m less upset with the result than the process (going to Ruiz).  If Foster allows the homer, at least it was your best reliever against lefties.  This is the second game this year we let a player who will be off the roster in 24 hours dictate the outcome.

colome was hurt. he wanted to stick with him. didnt want to push fosters pitch count higher. 

shit happens in one baseball game, that's why there's no point in judging or throwing a fit. Ruiz is awful, he also wont be pitching in the playoffs. shit happens.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Colome was hurt. Weird, everyone here told me he should have stayed out anyway,

Ok fine.....but why RUIZ???????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Honestly I’m less upset with the result than the process (going to Ruiz).  If Foster allows the homer, at least it was your best reliever against lefties.  This is the second game this year we let a player who will be off the roster in 24 hours dictate the outcome.

This!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

colome was hurt. he wanted to stick with him. didnt want to push fosters pitch count higher. 

shit happens in one baseball game, that's why theres no point in judging. 

But then why use Foster in an 8-5 game instead of Ruiz.  One mistake yesterday led to a bigger one today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I maintain that Moncada should have been sent home 4 weeks ago and told to prepare for 2021. 

I completely disagree with how the Sox are handling him. He's 1a or 1b in terms of most important players to this window with Robert. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Honestly I’m less upset with the result than the process (going to Ruiz).  If Foster allows the homer, at least it was your best reliever against lefties.  This is the second game this year we let a player who will be off the roster in 24 hours dictate the outcome.

Even if they went away from Foster, I'd go Cordero long before Ruiz. All of Ruiz's stuff is straight. Cordero at least has good movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That last AB when Stone was talking about Lindor not being at 3rd could let Ruiz bury a slider, I was almost hoping he would because that would have opened up 1st, and then certainly the bat would have been taken out of Ramirez’s hands. Ronert should have caught that ball. Tough loss. Get the bad stretch out of your system for the playoffs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2Deep said:

Ok fine.....but why RUIZ???????

 

at this point, i think the sox are more worried about not using arms in the bullpen and already were pushing foster. they're more worried about being fresh next week. judge that however you wish. i think they still are trying to win but they wont stretch guys to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dick Allen said:

That last AB when Stone was talking about Lindor not being at 3rd could let Ruiz bury a slider, I was almost hoping he would because that would have opened up 1st, and then certainly the bat would have been taken out of Ramirez’s hands. Ronert should have caught that ball. Tough loss. Get the bad stretch out of your system for the playoffs.

At least we're still in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

But then why use Foster in an 8-5 game instead of Ruiz.  One mistake yesterday led to a bigger one today.

an 8-5 game isn't a win. pretending it is is pure nonsense. Ruiz literally just gave up a three run homerun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy smokes, did not see any of the game, checked the score said Crap, looked into it further...score 2 in top of 10th, give up 4 in bottom...holy crap...that must've been tough to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I maintain that Moncada should have been sent home 4 weeks ago and told to prepare for 2021. 

He can’t. COVID is waiting for him to be all alone at home. Then it strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

colome was hurt. he wanted to stick with him. didnt want to push fosters pitch count higher. 

shit happens in one baseball game, that's why theres no point in judging. 

Allowing Foster(one of our best arms) pitch to Ramirez would have been the best option. How can they rationalize putting a pitcher like Ruiz in one of the most important spots of the year for us?

Edited by JuliusO1274

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chw42 said:

At least we're still in the playoffs. 

Yeah this isn’t nearly the same level as Jenks blowing the save in Minnesota in 2008 with a week or so left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

at this point, i think the sox are more worried about not using arms in the bullpen and already were pushing foster. they're more worried about being fresh next week. judge that however you wish. i think they still are trying to win but they wont stretch guys to do it.

Ok no problem with this logic but then why not Gio, Cordero, or even Detwiler for that reason.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

an 8-5 game isn't a win. pretending it is is pure nonsense. Ruiz literally just gave up a three run homerun. 

They were down 8-5, not up. I think Hand is just a bit better than Ruiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wegner said:

Holy smokes, did not see any of the game, checked the score said Crap, looked into it further...score 2 in top of 10th, give up 4 in bottom...holy crap...that must've been tough to watch.

Don’t watch Lindor’s double

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JuliusO1274 said:

Allowing Foster(one of are best arms) pitch to Ramirez would have been the best option. How can they rationalize putting a pitcher like Ruiz in one of the most important spots of the year for us?

Foster was struggling but this was his third time pitching in 4 nights and he was already at 20 pitches. The other time Foster pitched 3 times in 4 nights this year he gave up 2 ER in his 3rd outing. He did the same tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

How did that cost us the game?

Dont have a Fucking clue.....😒 not sure why. Actually Tim stood up to hetnandez bullshit. Hernandez needs to be fired just awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×