9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

Foster must have had something going on whether they thought his workload was too much recently or his falling off the mound again is some sort of injury, but if it was that, they would probably have had a trainer out there. I did find it out that as the inning began and Foster had to face at least 3 batters, they had Ruiz and Gonzalez warming up. I figured if it got to the point they had to come in the game would be over.

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

It’s just a lazy effort too, at least someone like Ron has really committed to the role, this guy just is trash. 

What did I say that was actually wrong? Why don’t you try facing that, instead of just slinging insults?

We wouldn’t be going to the playoffs in a normal year. We won’t be going far in them this year. However, us making it helps keep our totally dreadful manager. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Foster must have had something going on whether they thought his workload was too much recently or his falling off the mound again is some sort of injury, but if it was that, they would probably have had a trainer out there. I did find it out that as the inning began and Foster had to face at least 3 batters, they had Ruiz and Gonzalez warming up. I figured if it got to the point they had to come in the game would be over.

Foster has been falling off the mound a lot for two weeks.  I think it’s just a thing he does to try and throw inside to lefties, and sometimes he loses his balance.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick told Joe to pitch Foster, said McEwing made the call to switch. Rick is stuck with decades long Friends of Jerry, McEwing was brought in by Ventura, Cooper over four decades.

Hahn's not going to allow Ricky to do anything with these two, they are lifers as well.

He cannot admit he made the Ruiz call. It would cost him money and games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This is the most painful loss the Sox have had in years. It’s going to take a long time to get over it.

Since the Twins series, the remaining games have been the death of all playoff boners. 

If they lose tomorrow and Thursday, I'm not even sure I want to watch the playoff games, because I'm not sure I want to know just how far away they are. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick told Joe to pitch Foster, said McEwing made the call to switch. Rick is stuck with decades long Friends of Jerry, McEwing was brought in by Ventura, Cooper over four decades.

Hahn's not going to allow Ricky to do anything with these two, they are lifers as well.

This is a fantasy to avoid a fine for managing from the locker room after being ejected.  

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He cannot admit he made the Ruiz call. It would cost him money and games.

You make a good point, unless Joe went to the mound and had to make a decision with an injured Foster. Cooper still plays a role in terms of working with the bullpen catcher and pitchers to determine who is available and who is not. Still haven't heard a reason the past decade why he is still here.

Gonzalez needs more time to warm up than a typical reliever. Colome was the first option, if he doesn't have back spasms, and or Robert caught the ball he should have near the wall, ballgame is likely the White Sox'. If Bummer returns and with Crochet's emergence, the Sox still have one of the best bullpens in the game. The starters need to get to the sixth.

I remember when everyone crapped the bed on WSI against Cleveland toward the end of the 2005 season, Joe Crede won it with an extra inning game and then went on to roll from then on. Then again, they had four veteran starters, this team has one and an emerging starter. Lopez is their third best starter in September, against higher quality opponents than Dunning or Cease faced, likely will be bypassed if the Sox need a forth playoff starter. At least he has played well enough to make the roster.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Since the Twins series, the remaining games have been the death of all playoff boners. 

If they lose tomorrow and Thursday, I'm not even sure I want to watch the playoff games, because I'm not sure I want to know just how far away they are. 

Sorry buddy, but come on.  Any postseason game should be treasured. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You make a good point, unless Joe went to the mound and had to make a decision with an injured Foster. Cooper still plays a role in terms of working with the bullpen catcher and pitchers to determine who is available and who is not. Gonzalez needs more time to warm up than a typical reliever. Colome was the first option, if he doesn't have back spasms, and or Robert caught the ball he should have near the wall, ballgame is likely the White Sox'. If Bummer returns and with Crochet's emergence, the Sox still have one of the best bullpens in the game. The starters need to get to the sixth.

I remember when everyone crapped the bed on WSI against Cleveland toward the end of the 2005 season, Joe Crede won it with an extra inning game and then went on to roll from then on. Then again, they had four veteran starters, this team has one and an emerging starter. Lopez is their third best starter in September, against higher quality opponents than Dunning or Cease faced, likely will be bypassed if the Sox need a forth playoff starter. At least he has played well enough to make the roster.

In a way, I don’t mind them getting the bad baseball out of their system before the playoffs start.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

In a way, I don’t mind them getting the bad baseball out of their system before the playoffs start.

Agreed, hate seeing them lose, but this is the week to play bad vs. the alternative. Going to try to find the full Ricky Renteria press conference after going out for a walk to blow off some steam and burn off the two beer calories I had today. 

Cheers Dick Allen, remember you from WSI, glad to see you are still following the team closely and posting here.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

The thing is the players love Renteria. That is a big positive. His bullpen management, one of a major league manager’s biggest responsibilities leaves a lot to be desired. Colome gets hurt, but in the 10th inning with the game on the line and Jose Ramirez at the plate, you have Ruiz out there and are pitching to him....As Hawk would say, you have got to be bleepin me.

Still in 1st.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, wegner said:

Since I missed the game, I'm looking for a silver lining.  8 shutout innings....how good did Lopez look?

Another silver lining...

We tested Crochet in a high pressure situation and he did well. I was worried about bringing him in in a key situation like that. But I figured RR needed to test him in a tough situation to see if he can be used in important spots in the playoffs. He got behind a couple guys, but fought back.

One good takeaway today.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Another silver lining...

We tested Crochet in a high pressure situation and he did well. I was worried about bringing him in in a key situation like that. But I figured RR needed to test him in a tough situation to see if he can be used in important spots in the playoffs. He got behind a couple guys, but fought back.

One good takeaway today.

Awesome, we may need him going forward.

It also looks like Engel had a big hit in the 10th....I'd like to see him get some at bats in this last week.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I’d get suspended if I could respond to this post unfiltered, but to put it kindly you should feel absolutely horrible about typing this garbage

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill