Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You've done it. I'm leaving until either the Sox win a game or they're eliminated. 

I've never felt this much apathy toward a playoff bound Sox team. 

I don’t think any White Sox fan over age forty could ever have this reaction...we have, out of the percentage of opportunities to make the playoffs, something like the third lowest success rate in MLB history.  We might even be #1.

We should just appreciate the opportunity and see what happens.

Next year is the real test with Vaughn replacing EE, and hopefully a better solution in RF.   The productivity over 2019-20 out of right has to be the very bottom of MLB, and not even all that close.

We weathered a lot of injuries, the Kopech situation, McCann and Colome are likely to be the only two significant losses to the roster.  Kopech/Vaughn/Crochet should more than balance that out.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I don’t think any White Sox fan over age forty could ever have this reaction...we have, out of the percentage of opportunities to make the playoffs, something like the third lowest success rate in MLB history.  We might even be #1.

We should just appreciate the opportunity and see what happens.

Next year is the real test with Vaughn replacing EE, and hopefully a better solution in RF.   The productivity over 2019-20 out of right has to be the very bottom of MLB, and not even all that close.

We weathered a lot of injuries, the Kopech situation, McCann and Colome are likely to be the only two significant losses to the roster.  Kopech/Vaughn/Crochet should more than balance that out.

Moncada and Roberts might show up on occasion as well.

9 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

This new rule for putting a base runner on 2nd base in extra innings is a terrible rule and isn’t fair. It’s like giving another team an advantage and doesn’t make sense whatsoever. I think MLB should’ve just cancelled the season. 

That's a big jump from not liking a new rule, which was put in there to avoid really long extra inning games, to cancelling the season altogether.  I don't think the MLBPA would like you.

10 hours ago, Dallas Kong said:

We are a playoff team because we dominated three really bad teams. We don’t belong in the playoffs, we aren’t that good (minus a few really exciting players), and we have one of the worst managers in baseball, but because of this weird season, he’s going to be reprieved from the unemployment line.

One of the worst managers in baseball hashnis team playing with the 3rd best winning percentage in baseball. So maybe managers don't make a difference, but the team's performance in this shortened season means they do belong in the playoffs. Added to the overall youth of many starters on this roster, this team has put on a great showing. 

How is your favorite team doing  ?

8 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Whatever, I’m just an upset fan right now. I will cool off eventually. I still don’t like the rule though for any team.

I'm not crazy about the rule either. MLB is trying to speed up games because no one has an attention span anymore, but I think I'd prefer it if it were set up as a progression. Something like:

10th & 11th inning - Runner on 1st

12th inning and beyond - Runner on 2nd

It still allows scoring to be easier than normal, but it makes it a bit tougher than it is today. It's a little more like college football overtime, scoring becomes a bit easier early in the overtime periods but once they get to 5 overtimes teams have to start going for 2. 

It's hard to watch a game being given away. Most of us could have reached up and caught that ball that Robert fumbled. Luis is in a really dark place right now and I have to wonder what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

It's hard to watch a game being given away. Most of us could have reached up and caught that ball that Robert fumbled. Luis is in a really dark place right now and I have to wonder what is going on. 

Looking at his Cuban and Minor League stats, this is basically the first time in his life that he has been challenged in the game of baseball and it's taking a toll on him. He's been the best player on the field in a majority of the games he has ever played and now he's struggling and it's up to him to adjust. He'll get there, sooner than later, and when he does it'll be really special to watch.