9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

8 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Was guaranteed with Grandal out.

What was the excuse for the last 8 weeks?

It's only guaranteed because of the morons putting the lineup together. They could DH Mazara and put Dyson or Engel in RF. You don't HAVE to keep trotting out a .160 hitter in any circumstance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

It's only guaranteed because of the morons putting the lineup together. They could DH Mazara and put Dyson or Engel in RF. You don't HAVE to keep trotting out a .160 hitter in any circumstance.

Id rather have EE at DH than Mazara. 

But aside from that, this isn't on RR. It's on the FO for not giving him a 3rd catcher. EE is a useless roster spot if he isn't the dh since he can't do anything else. Its in the FO to get rid of him.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

But aside from that, this isn't on RR. It's on the FO for not giving him a 3rd catcher. EE is a useless roster spot if he isn't the dh since he can't do anything else. Its in the FO to get rid of him.

Yep, I'm afraid Mazara is penciled in for the entire playoffs after that home run.

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

That's why I said the moronS, not moron. I think they are playing a role here, as you said. But, they can't exactly get rid of him now I suppose. If they are DH'ing him now over Engel and Dyson, they won't waive him. They had their chance to promote Vaughn.

FWIW, I'm not advocating putting Mazara at DH, but if they're stuck on playing Mazara, I'd much rather him DH and stick a really good defender in RF.

19 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

FWIW, I'm not advocating putting Mazara at DH, but if they're stuck on playing Mazara, I'd much rather him DH and stick a really good defender in RF

.There are 12 million excuses for Encarnacion's existence, each and every one is owned by Rick Hahn.

The numbers speak for themselves in terms of continuing to be a dangerous presence and an outstanding source of power for the last decade-plus,” general manager Rick Hahn said Thursday after the Sox announced they agreed to terms with Encarnacion on a one-year, $12 million deal that has a club option for 2021. “We feel he’s someone who’s going to not only improve our run-scoring, but be a significant positive within our clubhouse, as well.”

Also, you have it backwards. Mazara's only saving attribute over Parrot is the fact that Mazara owns a glove and can play an acceptable RF (he is better than his counterpart in LF in fielding). If anything, they should DH Jimenez, and platoon the three corner outfielders. They really should have signed 1 or 2 corner outfielders, and passed on Mazara, Parrot and "Elite" Grandal, but our front office sucks except for tanking.

image.gif

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There are 12 million excuses for Encarnacion's existence, each and every on is owned by Rick Hahn.

The numbers speak for themselves in terms of continuing to be a dangerous presence and an outstanding source of power for the last decade-plus,” general manager Rick Hahn said Thursday after the Sox announced they agreed to terms with Encarnacion on a one-year, $12 million deal that has a club option for 2021. “We feel he’s someone who’s going to not only improve our run-scoring, but be a significant positive within our clubhouse, as well.”

He may well be a positve influence in the clubhouse especially for Eloy...but the only thing he is continuing to be a dangerous presence to is killing rallies.

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They really should have signed 1 or 2 corner outfielders, and passed on Mazara, Parrot and "Elite" Grandal, but our front office sucks except for tanking.

image.gif

Sorry, but Grandal has been pretty good overall. He could be better, but so could everyone else. He is still playing like a top tier catcher overall. 

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

.There are 12 million excuses for Encarnacion's existence, each and every one is owned by Rick Hahn.

Also, you have it backwards. Mazara's only saving attribute over Parrot is the fact that Mazara owns a glove and can play an acceptable RF (he is better than his counterpart in LF in fielding). If anything, they should DH Jimenez, and platoon the three corner outfielders. They really should have signed 1 or 2 corner outfielders, and passed on Mazara, Parrot and "Elite" Grandal, but our front office sucks except for tanking.

image.gif

Fine, DH anyone. That's my argument. I don't care, as long as it isn't Encarnacion. He's horrific. I'm not advocating Mazara to DH, I'm advocating anyone except the garbage bag

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Fine, DH anyone. That's my argument. I don't care, as long as it isn't Encarnacion. He's horrific. I'm not advocating Mazara to DH, I'm advocating anyone except the garbage bag

Where’s Adam Dunn when you need em?

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Where’s Adam Dunn when you need em?

Adam Troy Dunn (born November 9, 1979), nicknamed "Big Donkey", is an American former professional baseball left fielder and first baseman.  Dunn is married to Rachel Brown of Kentucky. He lives in Houston, Texas, and has four children: Brady, Casey, Mackenzie and Elizabeth.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Adam Troy Dunn (born November 9, 1979), nicknamed "Big Donkey", is an American former professional baseball left fielder and first baseman.  Dunn is married to Rachel Brown of Kentucky. He lives in Houston, Texas, and has four children: Brady, Casey, Mackenzie and Elizabeth.

Maybe Brady can DH for us?

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill