9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

From all this gloom and doom stuff you would think we lost or something 

We are a playoff team because we dominated three really bad teams. We don’t belong in the playoffs, we aren’t that good (minus a few really exciting players), and we have one of the worst managers in baseball, but because of this weird season, he’s going to be reprieved from the unemployment line.

Just now, Dallas Kong said:

We are a playoff team because we dominated three really bad teams. We don’t belong in the playoffs, we aren’t that good (minus a few really exciting players), and we have one of the worst managers in baseball, but because of this weird season, he’s going to be reprieved from the unemployment line.

Those "bad teams" are 42-44 vs all teams that aren't the White Sox. Amazing how they're "really" bad when they play everyone else near .500. You have to be a troll.

I am just summarizing my personal beliefs and rehashing everything else said by other board posters:  No more Mazara and Encarnacion, why Ruiz?  Robert should have caught that ball........Moncada is really bad right now.........

We were tested at the end of 05, let's just hope this is giving the boys a little fire.   

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

McEwing made the fucking call? 

RR made the call. His saying why he “thought” Super Joe made the move is akin to Rick Hahn telling you Madrigal looks like he needs 2 more days in Schaumburg to be ready. He was tossed. If he admits he made the move he will get fined and/or suspended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So. Going to throw some positive vibes out there from this game as it was at least entertaining- i know heartbreaking. 

1. Reynaldo for third consecutive game pitched really well. 

2. Moncada although 0-5 actually looked half decent at the plate. 

3. Mazara is starting to wake up. He had some nice opposite field hit today. 

4. Adam Engel continues to shine. 

5. The bullpen continues to be very good. Ok. Ruiz-sucks balls. Look in the playoffs Jose Ruiz is not going to be on the roster. Crochet pitched really good again, Heuer was fantastic and was a good test to see him pitch two innings. 

Tomorrow: 

Heres whats going to happen. 

1. Giolito comes up big- throws 7 strong innings. 

2. The White Sox put up good at bats against Beiber and score 3 runs. 

3. Aaron Bummer comes back to throw a nice inning. 

4. Yoan Moncada hits a homer. 

Thats what I'm going with. See you boys tomorrow! Leggo!

Edited by kwill
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t buy it wasn’t his call for a second. I’m more annoyed with the reasoning for Ruiz.

yeah, his call for sure in some way usually.

my question on this one is if the call was to stay with colome, and the back up was foster. dont put it past a MLB coach to not think of a third option and not be prepared for one. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

yeah, his call for sure in some way usually.

my question on this one is if the call was to stay with colome, and the back up was foster. dont put it past a MLB coach to not think of a third option and not be prepared for one. 

That’s totally fair, just seems Ruiz would be the last option to consider.

21 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

If Ricky is not calling the shots when the division is on the line and lets others do it for him.  Fire him then yesterday.  Its not like they removed him from the stadium.  He was probably 20 feet away calling the game.  

Rick told Joe to pitch Foster, said McEwing made the call to switch. Rick is stuck with decades long Friends of Jerry, McEwing was brought in by Ventura, Cooper over four decades.

Hahn's not going to allow Ricky to do anything with these two, they are lifers as well.

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill