9-23 Game Thread: Sox @ Cleveland (5:10 PM)

SoxBlanco

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Anybody want to blow some more smoke up my ass about Renteria's great clubhouse management?  His own leader, Abreu, said the team let off.  Great job leading the men Rick!

Yup the fact that a manager let the team stop playing hard after just clinching a playoff spot doesn't bode well for Ricky at all. It kind of just shows the fact that we were winning in spite of him and whatever he did for the clubhouse.

• Thanks 3

Sox look bad when they aren't hitting. Let's get Robert going and the other guys need to relax and play bash ball. We gotta get the home run mojo going in the playoffs. 3 to 4 a game will do it. Sox are struggling but not dead yet. Sox have played the same teams so many times it's just a weird thing. Don't give up the ship yet. Team is gonna be hungry. Jose and EE are veterans and will have the younger Sox ready for playoffs. Look for Moncada to have a big postseason and Grandal to step up. Sox ain't dead yet.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

They broke me last night. Tonight all I could do was laugh.

Honestly reminds me of the 2016 series in KC where they blew that awful game in the 9th inning...and when they blew it the next game, you just shrugged your shoulders.

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

The long term concerns over Robert are ludicrous. For 2020, have I lost hope? Kind of, yeah. However, making such damning claims towards a player's career over a bad few weeks. After being the ROY front runner? Come on... just... come on. 

This...

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yup the fact that a manager let the team stop playing hard after just clinching a playoff spot doesn't bode well for Ricky at all. It kind of just shows the fact that we were winning in spite of him and whatever he did for the clubhouse.

According to some in here, these guys are still playing hard.  Not sure what games theyre watching, but anything to make excuses for sleepy rickey.  

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Sox look bad when they aren't hitting. Let's get Robert going and the other guys need to relax and play bash ball. We gotta get the home run mojo going in the playoffs. 3 to 4 a game will do it. Sox are struggling but not dead yet. Sox have played the same teams so many times it's just a weird thing. Don't give up the ship yet. Team is gonna be hungry. Jose and EE are veterans and will have the younger Sox ready for playoffs. Look for Moncada to have a big postseason and Grandal to step up. Sox ain't dead yet.

I admire your optimism....I wish I had some of it.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I admire your optimism....I wish I had some of it.

EE and leadership this year....not seeing it.

McCann has been a much more important leader IMO.

You can't be a leader of anything hitting .170 and as a DH with an OPS well into the 600's.

What would be the difference between Jay/Alonso DHing vs. EE this year?   Except for about $5-7 million wasted...and Vaughn blocked.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

💯 

The talent was winning despite him.  He has no answers and it shows.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Richie said:

The long term concerns over Robert are ludicrous. For 2020, have I lost hope? Kind of, yeah. However, making such damning claims towards a player's career over a bad few weeks. After being the ROY front runner? Come on... just... come on. 

Don’t bother fighting the spiral

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

According to some in here, these guys are still playing hard.  Not sure what games theyre watching, but anything to make excuses for sleepy rickey.  

I think they’re playing hard, just not very focused and too many unprofessional at bats.  I also think we’re facing dynamite pitching, which is terrible timing for a lineup where half the team is slumping horribly.  This team would be having an epic collapse if not for the new postseason rule.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I think they’re playing hard, just not very focused and too many unprofessional at bats.  I also think we’re facing dynamite pitching, which is terrible timing for a lineup where half the team is slumping horribly.  This team would be having an epic collapse if not for the new postseason rule.

Send em all to schaumburg

• Thanks 1

Just now, BeaverEater48 said:

You are so right this offense has completely disappeared. This team needs to wake the fuck up already.

We are great against bad pitching or mediocre pitching.

Put up good pitchers and we don't score - its been that way all year.  The thing that has helped us is we have had good pitching as well much of the year.