9-23 Game Thread: Sox @ Cleveland (5:10 PM)

SoxBlanco

31 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Can the son take over the Sox too?

Perhaps the son doesn't want to be bothered. They're going to get rid of the Sox sooner or later.

What paper wealth they do have clearly comes from the basketball side - especially after Balmer grossly overpaid for the Clippers.

The Reinsdorfs will never get rid of their cash cow Bulls or the Sistine Chapel of the NBA.

9.2 million to 3.2 billion ?

And inherited Michael Jordan too boot ? 

You'll never see that again in sports.

Man, did they luck out.

Promised post-Jordan era championships. 20 years later Bulls fans are still waiting despite being the most supportive fans in the NBA. Up until last year they were consistently in the top 3 in attendance.  Yet, they get rewarded with teams consistently in the bottom third in payroll. 

That whining about having only 50 cents garbage wouldn't play well on the West Side.

They have stated publicly for years (decades?) the family has no interest in controlling the White Sox once Jerry steps down or passes, beyond perhaps a small minority ownership. There will likely be a new ownership group for the White Sox, though some of the current minority owners may hang onto their shares. No transition plan has been made public.

16 hours ago, South Sider said:

While I generally agree with Abreu's comments, my worry is that team-wide slumps usually last longer than 5 games. 

I still cannot believe we put GIO fucking GONZALEZ into the game in the bottom of the 9th, tie ball game, division on the line, stopping a skid on the line..

Fire Renteria.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I still cannot believe we put GIO fucking GONZALEZ into the game in the bottom of the 9th, tie ball game, division on the line, stopping a skid on the line..

Fire Renteria.

Two nights ago they put Ruiz in the game to face the hottest hitter alive, so I'm not sure why you don't believe it

12 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Also nice game from Mcann 4 strike outs.

And calls for a fast ball on 3-0 that

Comically though that dude has 2 hrs this year.. both against us.

McCann's halo is a bit askew these days.  Exposed by playing every day?  Grooved batting practice fastball...at least elevate the damn thing.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

The Yankees road record isn’t that good though so they are beatable.

Have you been payin attention this year to them?  They've been ravaged with injuries and playing scrubs in their everyday lineup... They are now healthy.  They're the best team in the AL despite their "seed"

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Have you been payin attention this year to them?  They've been ravaged with injuries and playing scrubs in their everyday lineup... They are now healthy.  They're the best team in the AL despite their "seed"

Here comes the negativity! I’m just stating an obvious fact that their road record is not good. I get that they are healthy now. Relax bro!

Edited by maloney.adam

6 hours ago, GradMc said:

Can the son take over the Sox too?

Perhaps the son doesn't want to be bothered. They're going to get rid of the Sox sooner or later.

What paper wealth they do have clearly comes from the basketball side - especially after Balmer grossly overpaid for the Clippers.

The Reinsdorfs will never get rid of their cash cow Bulls or the Sistine Chapel of the NBA.

9.2 million to 3.2 billion ?

And inherited Michael Jordan too boot ? 

You'll never see that again in sports.

Man, did they luck out.

Promised post-Jordan era championships. 20 years later Bulls fans are still waiting despite being the most supportive fans in the NBA. Up until last year they were consistently in the top 3 in attendance.  Yet, they get rewarded with teams consistently in the bottom third in payroll. 

That whining about having only 50 cents garbage wouldn't play well on the West Side.

The Bulls mean a lot to me, after the Sox, but my understanding is that the process of change began when Pax told ownership that they needed someone other than him in charge.  Is that just what the public is being fed?

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Good idea but where else will people go to treat their Post Traumatic Soxtalk Disorder?!?! 😂

I think it might be good to photoshop up a PTSD certificate and start handing them out. I’d be the first one of many to receive such a dubious “honor”. 🤦‍♂

• Haha 1