9-23 Game Thread: Sox @ Cleveland (5:10 PM)

SoxBlanco

Just now, caulfield12 said:

2000 White Sox team says "hello!"

Swept by the Mariners almost instantly, including that suicide squeeze at the end of 3rd game, was that Carlos Guillen who laid it down?

That once-dominant offense shut down as well at the end of the year, pitching staff was LIMPING into the playoffs.

This years team really share a lot of similarities with that team

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We'd be lucky to get Mike Cameron at this point...forget about Mike Trout for the moment.

The long term concerns over Robert are ludicrous. For 2020, have I lost hope? Kind of, yeah. However, making such damning claims towards a player's career over a bad few weeks. After being the ROY front runner? Come on... just... come on. 

1 minute ago, Richie said:

The long term concerns over Robert are ludicrous. For 2020, have I lost hope? Kind of, yeah. However, making such damning claims towards a player's career over a bad few weeks. After being the ROY front runner? Come on... just... come on. 

maybe.. but i remember watching years of baseball about how you had to send guys down that were young when they were doing this badly.

Because their confidence could get permanently destroyed.

Gio is a gas can at this point. They said Colome was warming up so either it didn’t go well or they were saving him for a save situation. Detwiler has been bad lately, I take it Foster wasn’t available. Gio made a horrible pitch.

The Sox lost 2 huge games with the last guys in their bullpen on the mound. If it’s the 14th or 15th inning, you could understand, but not the 9th and 10th.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 4

Just now, harkness99 said:

maybe.. but i remember watching years of baseball about how you had to send guys down that were young when they were doing this badly.

I have no idea what to expect with Robert next year now. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Gio is a gas can at this point. They said Colome was warming up so either it didn’t go well or they were saving him for a save situation. Detwiler has been bad lately, I take it Foster wasn’t available. Gio made a horrible pitch.

The Sox lost 2 huge games with the last guys in their bullpen on the mound. It it’s the 14th or 15th inning, you could understand, but not the 9th and 10th.

Yep, very well said. Sucks to see how they have pushed the main guys so hard the last few days but then let the worst pitchers on the roster lose the game.

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

That isn't referring to guys who were totally crushing it and then had a few terrible weeks. That's referring to guys who come up and get abused immediately. 

Just now, Richie said:

Look at Cameron's career fWAR numbers.

I think the Trout comps and all the hype got to him...and the league's advanced scouts and pitching coaches dissected him so well.   And he simply hasn't adjusted back.

Something must be wrong physically, because he's not really making hard contact even when he is hitting the ball.  If it's not physical, it's certainly psychological/mental.   Every time you follow an at-bat, he gets behind in the count and you just feel an automatic strikeout coming.

If not for that base hit against the Reds, he'd be closing in on the Mendoza line.

It's crazy with all the talent that we have on this roster that we've never had a (position player) rookie put together a full season of success.  Beckham, Tim Anderson and then Jimenez last year are the closest over the last 20 years or so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just announced.

Rick Renteria signed a three year contract extension.

I wonder how many Sox fans would give up this year's "playoff appearance" right now for the pick of any manager...?

Rick Hahn already gave him a contract extension. Love what the Bulls did this off-season once Jerry was out of the way. The same needs to happen at 35th and Shields.

Bulls: Gar Pax Gone

Hawks: McDonough Gone, Bowman TBD

Cubs: Maddon Gone

Bears & White Sox: Same shit, different decade.

• Thanks 1