So many here treat baseball like football

Look at Ray Ray Run

On 9/25/2020 at 11:48 PM, kitekrazy said:

This is not a .500 team if there was a full season.  There's a lot of youth on this team.  They only have two legit starters.   I still think the management is a major weakness. The organization attitude towards management is a major weakness.  This team over achieved in a 60 game season. 

LOL

19 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If Sox win today, they will have won 2 of their final 4 series - against winning teams.

The world is on fire though!

As I said the other night after the 10-0 loss, this team is still capable of a deep playoff run. But I also sympathize with those that are concerned. Hahn has to improve in free agency moving forward. Signing Bauer would a great compliment to last winter’s Keuchel signing but please no more washed up DHs, RF or RP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I dont enjoy participating in the irrational and pointless negativity.

Some don't like the irrational positivity. Pale Hoser's aren't the only ones expressing concerns. The players are. Commentators are. The best player in Sox history is. So us Sox talkers are out of line. You are right. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

18 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Some don't like the irrational positivity. Pale Hoser's aren't the only ones expressing concerns. The players are. Commentators are. The best player in Sox history is. So us Sox talkers are out of line. You are right. 

They're 11 games over .500 after 59 games. There's nothing irrational about being positive and excited about that. Every team loses games and has bad stretches. 

Frank Thomas had plenty of stretches far worse than the Sox just had on his teams in the past. They're on a 95-98 win pace right now. In Big Franks entire time with the Sox, they won more than 95 games once. They are leading the AL in run differential; a Frank Thomas led team did that once before.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If Sox win today, they will have won 2 of their final 4 series - against winning teams.

The world is on fire though!

We’re down 6 - 0 early. Can we get a touchdown and make the extra point to get back in this game?

On 9/25/2020 at 11:48 PM, kitekrazy said:

This is not a .500 team if there was a full season.  There's a lot of youth on this team.  They only have two legit starters.   I still think the management is a major weakness. The organization attitude towards management is a major weakness.  This team over achieved in a 60 game season. 

I could see your point. I agree that there are only 2 legit starters, an untested rookie in Dunning, and then a metric fuckton of walks and HRs from Lopez/Cease.

Over 162, this team, with this rotation, and THAT manager could be a one that starts off HOT, but then wilters as the BP gets ground down by overusage. Oh, and Lopez/Cease walking the yard every 5th day. And Rodon and Gonzalez doing their gascan bit as well.

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We are 8 games under. 500 against teams not named Pirates, Tigers, and Royals. We are 12 and 20 against .500 teams or better. 

So you're saying we have won 12 times against teams .500 or better?  I'm going to ignore that other number you threw out there.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

White Sox secret geniuses; will face 2 lefty starters in the first round. Couldn't have picked their opponent better amongst the field of qualifers. 

Let's go!

I agree with this. Matchups are important and I don't think we wanted the Yankees or Cleveland in a three game series with their top two starters.