9/24: Pale Hose vs. They Should Be Called the Spiders (5:10 CT)

Quin

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Maybe we should have a robo manager. A tablet that tells RR what to do in any situation based on complex data analysis and odds. The program would also construct the lineups for him after he inputs the opposing team's pitcher name in and stadium. 

Well I think at this point the front office in the offseason has to ask themselves, do we want the organization to start winning championships or are we content with just getting to the playoffs every year? And than just sit down with the players and get there honest feedback and than go from there. Hopefully the players will say something like, “RR is like a father to us but we want to win championships, etc.” 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Well I think the organization has to ask themselves, do we want to start winning championships or are we content with just getting to the playoffs every year? And than sit down with the players and get there honest feedback and than go from there. Hopefully the players will say they like RR, he’s like a father to us but we want to win championships, etc. 

I don't mind keeping Ricky, but someone clearly needs to intervene with the decisions made by this staff. It's good enough to compete for a playoff spot, but not the multiple championships they want. We went from terrible to about 91 wins this season in a normal year. It's not easy going from 91 to 98 and title contender. Everyone has to pull their expected weight. 

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Well I think at this point the front office in the offseason has to ask themselves, do we want the organization to start winning championships or are we content with just getting to the playoffs every year? And than just sit down with the players and get there honest feedback and than go from there. Hopefully the players will say something like, “RR is like a father to us but we want to win championships, etc.” 

This team rarely goes to the playoffs so I would be content with a much better plan. 

Ricky is not getting fired after exceeding preseason expectations.  It might happen years down the road, but as long as the team is improving, there is zero chance of this.

Managers do not win championships. Baseball Players do. 

3 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

I don't understand why madrigal is sitting.

I actually like Sanchez as an extra bench piece, but he’s already got Mendick sent down and is eating away at too many of Madrigal’s at-bats.  It was painfully obvious the moment they signed him that Ricky would use him far too often.

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I actually like Sanchez as an extra bench piece, but he’s already got Mendick sent down and is eating away at too many of Madrigal’s at-bats.  It was painfully obvious the moment they signed him that Ricky would use him far too often.

Madrigal has played the last 10 games in a row while Sanchez got 14 ABs in September,I wouldn't say that is too much, especially since he produced a .940 ops during that time.

Now obviously that is not even close to his skill level but he neither has hit a lot, nor has he hurt the sox when he did.

Madrigal probably just needs a breather here

Edited by Dominikk85

10 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Madrigal has played the last 10 games in a row while Sanchez got 14 ABs in September,I wouldn't say that is too much, especially since he produced a .940 ops during that time.

Now obviously that is not even close to his skill level but he neither has hit a lot, nor has he hurt the sox when he did.

Madrigal probably just needs a breather here

This will be his 6th start in 25 days.  Plus four appearances as a PR.

1-SS

1-2B

4-3B