9/24: Pale Hose vs. They Should Be Called the Spiders (5:10 CT)

Quin

Just now, Dominikk85 said:

Hahn has to be blamed just as much for not getting a starter at the deadline. The sox pen is overworked since they only have two starters who can go more than 5 innings which means you have to pitch bullpen innings by bad guys.

Yeah thats bullshit

Renteria thought itd be better to bring in rodon in a high leverage situation with bummer on the bench ready to go

There's simply no logical reason a manager would put a starting pitchers coming off the DL who couldn't hit the mark when he was healthy into a game with the bases loaded........NONE!   I don't even want to hear an explanation....Ricky took us from point C to B but there's no way he's getting us to a Championship in the division, let alone the ALC or a World Series.

Edited by A-Train to 35th

I used to think Ricky got a raw deal from the Cubs when he was let go.  But honestly, he's just has no clue and he's one of the worst managers I have ever seen.  And boy have we seen some quality ones in our time as Sox fans.  They don't have the balls to do it now during the season, but he absolutely has to go.  There is no defending him anymore.

3 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

WE are, a while ago. It's a matter of when Jerry let's Hahn can him.

Why should either stay? Bringing Rodon up for the playoffs because he struck out Nicky Delmonico a few times, in a role he has never held, is asinine.

Sitting on your hands at the trade deadline with a team that has a chance to win it was asinine. Both Ricks are in over the heads, Jerry needs to leave and professionals need to clear out Gar Pax like the Bulls successfully did.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

There's simply no logical reason a manager would put a starting pitchers coming off the DL who couldn't hit the mark when he was healthy into a game with the bases loaded........NONE!   I don't even want to hear an explanation....Ricky took us from point C to B but there's no way he's getting us to a Championship in the division, let alone the ACL or a World Series.

Rickey didnt get us from point c to b.  The players did in spite of him.  His bullpen management and lineups have sucked all year.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t know if he is done. If he can throw 96 or 97 and get his slider back, he could be a really nice reliever. This just wasn’t the time to put him in. Let him start an inning.

I don’t disagree necessarily, but he doesn’t have that fire. Fulmer could still throw hard too. Maybe he has something left in the tank, but honestly, he just feels done. Seemed like that even before this latest injury.