9/24: Pale Hose vs. They Should Be Called the Spiders (5:10 CT)

Quin

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

No he wasn't 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I personally see value in treating the past week and half as a glorified preseason, and even still I think you make sure bummer is himself before Rodon. 

You need your head checked.....let's loose the game and first place, and while were at it let's lose second place in the division, only to come in third after having the best record in the American League a week ago.

• Like 2

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

Pathetic. On a side note... do you guys think all these in game bullpen decisions are solely Renterias call or does Cooper have input. I’m just curious. Not defending either. 

Judging from the Mcewing/Ruiz fiasco they all suck

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

You need your head checked.....let's loose the game and first place, and while were at it let's lose second place in the division, only to come in third after having the best record in the American League a week ago.

I don’t care about the seeding, but the absolutely stalling of the momentum is very bad

5 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Frank has had it with Renteria’s ineptness 

I wish i could watch the postgame shows

3 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Like Frank just said, Cleveland beat them the first 3 games tonight they just gave it away.

Dont agree with this.  The ruiz and gio bullpen choices, while not as bad as tonights, were the reasons games 2&3 were lost

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

I wish i could watch the postgame shows

Dont agree with this.  The ruiz and gio bullpen choices, while not as bad as tonights, were the reasons games 2&3 were lost

Yea they might not have been hitting but they had a decent change to at least split. Ricky was having none of that

27 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’ve stewed on the fact I was interested in throwing him into the fire, and have come to the conclusion you accomplish the same goal with bummer. It had to be bummer.

I see where you are coming from but

1) I think you can only  do it if we had won 1 or 2 of the last few games. 4 game sweep to your division rivals will fuck with the locker room, this game was too important to throw away on an experiment.

2) Again, a good manager sets his players up for success. First, give Rodon low-leverage clean innings to work the rust off. Once he shows he can adapt to bullpen usage, THEN try him out in high-leverage. Literally nothing in Rodon's career gives any evidence that he would do well in the situation he was brought into. If this was someone like, idk, Dunning, who has shown great control, maybe you can jump straight to trying him in this scenario (still really really don't like it after a guy has missed weeks due to injury - while Bummer is the obvious choice over Rodon there I still don't love bringing him in either), but not Rodon. 

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

You don’t bring a guy with his history of wildness into a situation where he can’t throw his best pitch a lot (slider)

Hahn gave him yet another match, and it was struck. Can't blame the arsonist on this one (the other two, yes).  If this debacle takes Rodon off of any playoff roster consideration, then today's loss was worth it.

No competent Front Office throws a poor performer with no experience into a new role coming off a 45 day IL stint into meaningful games. Gar / Pax is not competent, hence Rodon Time with four games to go!!!

If Rodon is on the playoff roster, that is a either a dead spot or one that will once again come back to bite the Sox on the ass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I don't disagree. To me, this short season showed the Sox have the horses to win the divsion. They don't have the right guy leading the ship

But I will again ask the question, who makes these decisions. Does RR make the bullpen decisions , does Coop make them or does the front office "stats person" make them?  

1 hour ago, SouthWallace said:

Sox cave in 3 of 4 are are swept. 

What a collapse 

Utter Garbage. 

I know this isn’t any consolation right now, but I think this is exactly what had to happen to rid themselves of RR. Have the team go through a demoralizing series with one questionable decision after another, dragging ass into the playoffs, is enough for MOST fans to overlook the “first playoff appearance since 2008” or “if you would have told me before the season started” lines I’ve seem thrown around here. 

Fire RR, fix the roster problems, and enter next season with some momentum. 

• Like 2