9/24: Pale Hose vs. They Should Be Called the Spiders (5:10 CT)

Quin

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

If the A’s lose tonight, Twins move up to 2...matched up with the Indians. Although they can beat them, unlike the Sox.

I don’t see why Twins would be laughing. We all are playing a 3 game series in a week. Bats need to wake up - not like the team has been losing to bad competition either. These are good teams and these losses can be great learning opportunities - maybe even ones they can use to put them in a better spot when the playoffs start. 

Not going to let this get me all pissed off - this young team will learn from this and hopefully they get out of this funk and win a playoff series or two, but even if they don’t - mission accomplished this year with more work to do and more steps to take next year. 

Heck - if there was a team I wouldn’t want to play in the post season it would be Cleveland so as far as I’m concerned this might end up better. 

PS: I still say they are winning it all. Rodon will step up in playoffs and Robert will get his adjustments and get rolling again just in time. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t see why Twins would be laughing. We all are playing a 3 game series in a week. Bats need to wake up - not like the team has been losing to bad competition either. These are good teams and these losses can be great learning opportunities - maybe even ones they can use to put them in a better spot when the playoffs start. 

Not going to let this get me all pissed off - this young team will learn from this and hopefully they get out of this funk and win a playoff series or two, but even if they don’t - mission accomplished this year with more work to do and more steps to take next year. 

Heck - if there was a team I wouldn’t want to play in the post season it would be Cleveland so as far as I’m concerned this might end up better. 

PS: I still say they are winning it all. Rodon will step up in playoffs and Robert will get his adjustments and get rolling again just in time. 

First time in what... 17 years that I just flat out disagree with you brother. God bless your faith man! 

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

or his choice of beverage

Life is too short to be grumpy and pissed - they made the playoffs - no matter what they get their chance to make their bed when the playoffs start in a week. They’ve done enough for that and I don’t think seeding matters at all this year - especially with the 3 game set up. 

This week is basically playing with house money - win the division awesome - but it doesn’t guarantee playoff success at all. Would it be nicer sure. Now if they needed this to make the playoffs - ok be pissed - be very pissed. If this was needed to stay out of a playoff game - be pissed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

But I will again ask the question, who makes these decisions. Does RR make the bullpen decisions , does Coop make them or does the front office "stats person" make them?  

Anyone who doesn’t think all the coaches have some in put just doesn’t understand management. The manager just has the final day 

Missed this game tonight and glad I did.  Checked the score then came to the game thread to find innumerable Fire/F@#$ Ricky posts.

Gotta get right and quick or these long awaited playoffs are gonna be a quick exit.

Hopefully the Cubbies are the medicine to get the team right.

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I know this isn’t any consolation right now, but I think this is exactly what had to happen to rid themselves of RR. Have the team go through a demoralizing series with one questionable decision after another, dragging ass into the playoffs, is enough for MOST fans to overlook the “first playoff appearance since 2008” or “if you would have told me before the season started” lines I’ve seem thrown around here. 

Fire RR, fix the roster problems, and enter next season with some momentum. 

I would love to believe that this terrible streak cost RR his job.  It should, but I will believe it when I see it. 

• Like 1