9/24: Pale Hose vs. They Should Be Called the Spiders (5:10 CT)

Quin

In this corner, Mr. Consistency & Biceps going for the White Sox

920x920.jpg

going for the Indians, we've got Zach "There May Be Some Side Effects" Plesac

3d6207bc768f5f34ac90b8cd65e4f92c_md.jpg

Sox are currently slumping, but have a better record because they've been the better team all year. Remind you of anyone?

2005-world-series-chicago-white-sox-g-n-

Anyway, Sox are gonna win. Tim is gonna do something sweet. If he's not in the lineup, Abreu takes MVP tonight.

• Quin pinned this topic

My cousin's-girlfriend's-brother's-neighbor is an Uber-Lyft driver and he said he picked up Andrew Vaughn at a Schaumburg hotel and is taking him to a Starbucks-Panera-Dunkin Donuts-Airport so he can arrive in Cleveland in time to DH tonight.

A guy can dream. 🤦‍♂

Edited by RudyLawRules

18 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

My cousin's-girlfriend's-brother's-neighbor is an Uber-Lyft driver and he said he picked up Andrew Vaughn at a Schaumburg hotel and is taking him to a Starbucks-Panera-Dunkin Donuts-Airport so he can arrive in Cleveland in time to DH tonight.

I guy can dream. 🤦‍♂

I’m your cousins girlfriends brothers neighbor. I was lying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

In this corner, Mr. Consistency & Biceps going for the White Sox

going for the Indians, we've got Zach "There May Be Some Side Effects" Plesac

Sox are currently slumping, but have a better record because they've been the better team all year. Remind you of anyone?

2005-world-series-chicago-white-sox-g-n-

Anyway, Sox are gonna win. Tim is gonna do something sweet. If he's not in the lineup, Abreu takes MVP tonight.

This picture reminds me:  I'm really worried about going into the 2005 playoffs with our best player out for the season, Carl freaking Everett as our DH, and having almost blown a 15-game lead.  You can all bury your heads in the sand if you want to, but that's just not a professional lineup, certainly not one that stacks up against the defending champs we'll have to play in the FIRST ROUND.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

15 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

This picture reminds me:  I'm really worried about going into the 2005 playoffs with our best player out for the season, Carl freaking Everett as our DH, and having almost blown a 15-game lead.  You can all bury your heads in the sand if you want to, but that's just not a professional lineup, certainly not one that stacks up against the defending champs we'll have to play in the FIRST ROUND.

I wish we had Carl Everett as our DH now.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Kinda feels like this is the 05 stretch we went through just in the condensed version obviously. Hopefully we snap out of it today and ride that wave into the playoffs. 

Bottom line (watching too much Big Frank)...

If the Sox win two games next week, It's "what were we worried about?",

If they lose two games next week, it's, "Well, there were a lot of positives this season, and we have the resources to address some of the holes we clearly have".

That said, win a game tonight. 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

Yikes, quite the shit show from 6-9. 🤦‍♂

Make me eat crow, boys!! Let's GO!!

Screenshot_20200924-122635.jpg

Need to start Engel in RF with Robert out. Provides good at bats as well. Parrot I don't mind because he is one of the few players hustling and producing this series.

RR may be a players manager or someone that is like a father figure in the clubhouse but I don’t think he’s the type of manager that is good at setting lineups and strategizing for difficult in game scenarios hence why I think he may not be the right manager for this team long term. There’s a reason why the Cubs got rid of him and maybe that’s why. He’s just not going to take this team to the next level.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

RR may be a players manager or someone that is like a father figure in the clubhouse but I don’t think he’s the type of manager that is good at setting lineups and strategizing for difficult in game scenarios hence why I think he may not be the right manager for this team long term. There’s a reason why the Cubs got rid of him and maybe that’s why. He’s just not going to take this team to the next level.

Maybe we should have a robo manager. A tablet that tells RR what to do in any situation based on complex data analysis and odds. The program would also construct the lineups for him after he inputs the opposing team's pitcher name in and stadium.