Fire Ricky

BeaverEater48

When we sucked early in the season, I thought that underachieving this year would at least get rid of Ricky. Then we got hot, clinched a playoff spot, Ricky was possibly going to win manager of the year, and now a week later he has somehow managed the team so poorly that we might be able to get rid of him while still making the playoffs. That's my glass half full view of all of this. Here's to hoping JR actually gets rid of Ricky this off-season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Honestly thought he had done a pretty good job this season and then this series happened.  That’s one of the worst handling’s of a bullpen I’ve ever seen in a series.  Absolutely horrific.  

Edited by Rowand44
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm happy for the season. Knowing how many rookies we have starting it's pretty unheard of to be as good as we are (were?).

This includes Moncada's health. Bummer missing time. Etc.

With that said.... I'm going to be pretty pissed if RR is back next season. It's obvious we've done what we've done this season despite of him not bc of him. He's lost several games with his poor lineup and BP handling. 

Just now, Tony said:

Agree. Overall it was a job well done. These are the type of make-or-break, big-boy pants type series.......and he failed time and time again. 

You could argue he made the wrong call to the bullpen in all 4 games this series. And absolutely egregious ones in games 2 and 4 that 100% cost us the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I was actually going to make a thread in any case when the year ended assuming no championship. Who's everyone's replacement?

I'll go with Alomar

I think we need to bring someone in who has experience and a history of getting teams to the next level. Ricky never had anywhere close to a winning season before this one.

6 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Honestly thought he had done a pretty good job this season and then this series happened.  That’s one of the worst handling’s of a bullpen I’ve ever seen in a series.  Absolutely horrific.  

The Ruiz debacle led to all of this