Fire Ricky

BeaverEater48

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Agree. Overall it was a job well done. These are the type of make-or-break, big-boy pants type series.......and he failed time and time again. 

He was trying to teach them what they’ll need to win in the postseason by reminding him them they’ll be at a managerial disadvantage

• Haha 6

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Maybe we wanted to see if Rodon was gonna be “the guy, the secret weapon” etc for the playoffs.  

if he dominated there that would have been huge.  Now we know not to high-leverage him in the playoffs.  

no big deal to me.  Now we know 

Only way Rodon will dominate is if he throws mostly sliders. Instead he once again proved he has no fastball command and couldn’t use his best pitch.

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Maybe we wanted to see if Rodon was gonna be “the guy, the secret weapon” etc for the playoffs.  

if he dominated there that would have been huge.  Now we know not to high-leverage him in the playoffs.  

Getting your teams confidence destroyed right before the playoffs seems like not the best move.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Ruiz debacle led to all of this

So many decisions this series that pissed me off when it came to the pen.  While everyone is focusing on Rodon/Bummer tonight(as well we should be), I don’t get why Cordero was starting that inning instead of Foster.  Cordero got blooped to death but Codi(who probably wasn’t available tonight) and Foster have to be your 7th and 8th inning guys from the right side.

• Like 1

Just now, Rowand44 said:

So many decisions this series that pissed me off when it came to the pen.  While everyone is focusing on Rodon/Bummer tonight(as well we should be), I don’t get why Cordero was starting that inning instead of Foster.  Cordero got blooped to death but Codi(who probably wasn’t available tonight) and Foster have to be your 7th and 8th inning guys from the right side.

I kept saying it in the thread, but Cordero is a massive liability against lefties.  Heuer wasn’t available tonight I’m sure 

It isn’t just this series guys, Ricky has done this all season long. Using relievers that shouldn’t be used in high leverage situations and then wasting others in games they shouldn’t be in during a blowout. I’m amazed how anyone can back his decision making. This series has just magnified it all. Imagine what decisions he will make come the 2 games we play in the playoffs. He’s not manager material and if the only reason he’s still employed is because he can speak Spanish then that is simply unacceptable because there are many around the sport who is able to do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I bet it's because we had a 3 run lead. 

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He’s a terrible in game manager. But your all kidding yourself, he will be back next year. This front office lacks the balls to do it. Prepare for this debauchery for 162 (hopefully) games next year!

It’s the same Owner who kept Jim Boylen around for so long. Unfortunately Ricky won’t go anywhere for the next 2-3 years at a minimum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

"Can" really sticks out to me. You can put it all on me? Who else would we put it on? Dude was coming back from injury, wasn't lighting the world on fire before the injury...and hasn't come out of the bullpen since 2015. CAN?????

Pretty empty statement.  Tells me he still believes it was the right move. 

• Like 2

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

It’s the same Owner who kept Jim Boylen around for so long. Unfortunately Ricky won’t go anywhere for the next 2-3 years at a minimum.

So half (or more) of the competitive window we’ve waited on for a decade will be spent watching this trash bag mismanage the bullpen and cost the team wins? Awesome. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Now we know?  Rodon hasn’t pitched in like 45 days, we don’t jack shit other than we’re likely not winning the divison and may not even get home field advantage for the first round.

• Like 1