Fire Ricky

BeaverEater48

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only way Rodon will dominate is if he throws mostly sliders. Instead he once again proved he has no fastball command and couldn’t use his best pitch.

He was also facing a bunch of switch hitters. His slider is much better to lefties.

I watched the postgame show with Thomas and Ozzie. Thomas was really upset at the loss. Ozzie restrained himself. If RR gets the boot I would not be surprised if Ozzie came back as manager. It doesn't look like anybody else is going to hire Ozzie as a manager. This would be the perfect opportunity for him and probably his last job  as manager.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m sure he does, these games this week don’t matter to him

Limping into the playoffs should certainly matter.  He has literally sucked the life out of this team right when having confidence matters.  I have never seen Jose Abreu look so deflated as he did after tonight’s loss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

I watched the postgame show with Thomas and Ozzie. Thomas was really upset at the loss. Ozzie restrained himself. If RR gets the boot I would not be surprised if Ozzie came back as manager. It doesn't look like anybody else is going to hire Ozzie as a manager. This would be the perfect opportunity for him and probably his last job  as manager.

I'm not the biggest Ozzie fan, but he's far better than Renteria.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Limping into the playoffs should certainly matter.  He has literally sucked the life out of this team right when having confidence matters.  I have never seen Jose Abreu look so deflated as he did after tonight’s loss.

Agreed, it would have been better this week if they just lost 9-3 every game.   The sad thing is this team has the bullpen weapons right now to really shorten a playoff game, but I don’t trust this coaching staff to figure it out.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

It’s the same Owner who kept Jim Boylen around for so long. Unfortunately Ricky won’t go anywhere for the next 2-3 years at a minimum.

Hopefully that was just because the Bulls were going to stink either way & he'll see these guys can win now

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Agreed, it would have been better this week if they just lost 9-3 every game.   The sad thing is this team has the bullpen weapons right now to really shorten a playoff game, but I don’t trust this coaching staff to figure it out.

Agree 100 percent. This was the perfect series to ride into the playoffs. We should have taken 3 out of the 4 games versus Cleveland. In my opinion our rotation showed me we can hang in low scoring affairs. The management of the bullpen is what lost us every single one of those games.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Hopefully that was just because the Bulls were going to stink either way & he'll see these guys can win now

Boylen was also the guy who has stunted the younger players growth. Billy Donovan even said they have too much talent to be where they have been the last 2 seasons. Same thing over on our side of the city. Keeping Ricky much longer just may affect our growth as a potential championship team. All the pieces are there even with the holes in RF and DH. However there is one glaring issue and that is the manager. If Ricky wins manager of the year, he will easily get a free pass the next couple seasons. Jerry is loyal to a fault, we all know this.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Ricky saying Rodon has been in situations like this before is just such crap.  It’s insulting to read something like that. Gigantic difference between loading the bases on your own to the situation tonight.

Nah man, Carlos used to make bases loaded, late inning relief appearances all the time back in the day. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Ozzie is fine where he's at right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ricky saying Rodon has been in situations like this before is just such crap.  It’s insulting to read something like that. Gigantic difference between loading the bases on your own to the situation tonight.

No room for error for a pitcher who was struggling before injury. He didn’t even have time to get a feel for the strike zone in live game action. Huge difference and if Ricky has decided he’s going to use Rodon in those situations in the playoffs with the  way the rest of the bullpen that we have had been pitching this year, he deserves to be fired tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ya, this is what is so infuriating about it.  We have 4 guys active right now(5 when Evan comes back and Crochet being the X factor here) that have been absolute studs this year and we’re blowing late leads right now because of mismanagement.  The weapons are there.  

• Like 2

Thanking god I had classes to teach in China and could only follow the predictable debacle through Gameday.   Hope we don't have to spend the entire winter ruminating on Robert's failures down the stretch.   We can't even get a season ticket boost the way the world is trending... life as a White Sox fan never fails to come up with surprises on the downside, does it? 

I'm usually the optimist and I truly have enjoyed having the Sox to watch this season while stuck with this friggin' pandemic.

But that move tonight was a fireable offence. And that's among a bunch of other head scratching bullpen decisions lately. If he doesn't redeem himself with a deep playoff run, I think the FO has to consider letting him go.

Just wow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Ya, this is what is so infuriating about it.  We have 4 guys active right now(5 when Evan comes back and Crochet being the X factor here) that have been absolute studs this year and we’re blowing late leads right now because of mismanagement.  The weapons are there.  

My game 3 starter if it gets to that game is Foster for two innings. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Thanking god I had classes to teach in China and could only follow the predictable debacle through Gameday.   Hope we don't have to spend the entire winter ruminating on Robert's failures down the stretch.   We can't even get a season ticket boost the way the world is trending... life as a White Sox fan never fails to come up with surprises on the downside, does it? 

MLB teams are expecting limits on fans next year anyways. But I disagree, this year has resulted in an increase of the Sox fan base.

It’s clear that Renteria thinks through things and gets very stuck in his ways. Why would you plan on Rodon and Bummer pitching one inning each tonight? Who cares? You need to be flexible and adapt to the situation at hand.

Same thing with Edwin and Mazara. Mazara wouldn’t see the light of day if he was right handed, but since he loves match ups (don’t care if he’s batting .200, he’s a lefty!) and defined roles (Edwin is a DH, who cares what his results are?) he actively harms the team.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Boylen was also the guy who has stunted the younger players growth. Billy Donovan even said they have too much talent to be where they have been the last 2 seasons. Same thing over on our side of the city. Keeping Ricky much longer just may affect our growth as a potential championship team. All the pieces are there even with the holes in RF and DH. However there is one glaring issue and that is the manager. If Ricky wins manager of the year, he will easily get a free pass the next couple seasons. Jerry is loyal to a fault, we all know this.

Well I don't want to get too off topic, but of course Donovan is going to say that. He won't say the players stink, and you're right, maybe they are better than what they've shown, but let's not act like their talent is in the same hemisphere as the Sox talent.

Regardless we both agree Renteria needs to go :)