Fire Ricky

BeaverEater48

59 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Stone is an old man yelling at clouds.

Yeah, had to laugh when he was praising Sox ownership in late August, literally calling out the outlay of paying Jarrod Dyson over $200,000 to finish the season here as a major commitment on the Score.

Was sad seeing him grovel without a contract last off-season when he went in attack mode over the "Jerry Reinsdorf carrot" revelation. Sad sycophant, then again, you can say that about many in Jerry's orbit. Can see why Ozzie loves Fidel Castro so much. Fidel developed the current core White Sox lineup, and played a major role in 2005. Far more  than anyone Jerry has on his payroll. 

Steve Stone, Ozzie Guillen, Rick Hahn, Kenny Williams and his snitch Don Cooper. "Mayonnaise", though lacking youth or the possibility of redemption.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

Spiegel said he would be surprised if Ricky was let go after this largely successful season in a strange year. He asked Stone what his opinion was and if he had any inside info into the situation.

Stone basically said he has no idea whether the sox will retain Ricky or will go a different direction. 

42 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yeah, had to laugh when he was praising Sox ownership in late August, literally calling out the outlay of paying Jarrod Dyson over $200,000 to finish the season here as a major commitment on the Score.

Was sad seeing him grovel without a contract last off-season when he went in attack mode over the "Jerry Reinsdorf carrot" revelation. Sad sycophant, then again, you can say that about many in Jerry's orbit. Can see why Ozzie loves Fidel Castro so much. Fidel developed the current core White Sox lineup, and played a major role in 2005. Far more  than anyone Jerry has on his payroll. 

Steve Stone, Ozzie Guillen, Rick Hahn, Kenny Williams and his snitch Don Cooper. "Mayonnaise", though lacking youth or the possibility of redemption.

.. and may god have mercy on your soul

44 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Seems like Ricky might be on the hot seat more than people realize based on that interview.  I also didn’t realize that Ricky only had a year left on his contract.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems like Ricky might be on the hot seat more than people realize based on that interview.  I also didn’t realize that Ricky only had a year left on his contract.

If they were going to fire him this year, it would have already happened. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Stoney implied that Ricky was great from 11pm to 7pm. Not hard to interpret he wasn’t impressed with Ricky.  He also agreed with me that Dunning had no business starting game 3.

• Thanks 1

Sox too cheap to pay off his contract. We just have to hope he's not as stupid as he was going down the stretch and th playoffs. 

We need to make sure that Encarnacion and Mazara are gone and we either live with Engel in right field or get another right fielder either full time of platoon with Engel. 

If we get a 3rd Starter to go with Dallas and Lucas. I know we have Kopech ( maybe if his head is on straight) and Dunning and Cease, but we a serious contender?? 

Rodon i think is done as a starter, hopefully I'm wrong, he's too young. Crochet as a 4th or 5th starter?? Stretching him out if we have a normal spring training will tell. 

On 10/2/2020 at 6:16 AM, ShoeLessRob said:

Jesus.

Having Rodon on the playoff roster was ridiculous. He performed exactly as expected. Take away Rodon and Madrigal miscues and the Sox might have advanced. 

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll say this, if the Sox move on from Ricky this year it will be because there is some external option they really like and have confidence they can land.  They won’t fire Ricky just to start an open-ended hiring process.

Rings a bell, anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Are you Evil Caulfield?

2 hours ago, skooch said:

Doesn't MLB discourage personnel moves during the playoffs? Of is it just during the World Series?

I’d imagine this season nothing will get going for many teams until after the World Series with COVID. Kinda hard to interview candidates face to face if they are still in a bubble.

20 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

He doesn't have the balls to hold a media event after screwing up at the trade deadline and his brilliant moves with Encarnacion, Mazara, Gio Gonzalez. 

He wouldn't want answer those questions. 

Yep. That's definitely the reason.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

He doesn't have the balls to hold a media event after screwing up at the trade deadline and his brilliant moves with Encarnacion, Mazara, Gio Gonzalez. 

He wouldn't want answer those questions. 

You don't actually believe this do you? Coming off of the best season in a decade you can't really believe they are afraid of the wimpy Chicago media.

46 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You don't actually believe this do you? Coming off of the best season in a decade you can't really believe they are afraid of the wimpy Chicago media.

Ozzie even commented how wimpy the media was after the series loss against the A's. All softball questions to Renteria. Bernstein has said the same about media now a days. It might be a case of "it was/we were tougher back in my day!!" from both of them, but still. 

• Like 1

I was thinking of another set of moves that Ricky made that might have cost us not playing this week against Houston....Adam Engel left a good number of guys on base that last game.  If Ricky would have played Adam more in the couple of weeks coming up to the playoffs, might he have been more locked in during those at bats?  I admit I could be incorrect since games 2 and 3 I was not able to watch and Engel may have still hit the balls hard and ran into some bad luck.