9/25 - Sox (34-23) vs. Cubs (32-25) - Down to the Wire - 7:10pm CDT

knightni

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

Nothing against you. Just a pet peeve. Einstein never said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. He said something similar once, but only in respect to the scientific process. Just FYI for all. 

How about this for a pet peeve? Trotting out EE hitting .160 with far better options, and letting RR manage this team? Just an FYI.

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Bunting sucks. We are down 4 not 1 and even if we were done 1 it still wouldn't be a good play with a good hitter like Madrigal at bat. It is ironic you criticize Ricky for that because stupid bunt plays were some of his worst managerial qualities in previous seasons. Luckily it looks like the upper management told him to cut it out this season.

It was the 3rd inning. He's your 9th hitter, albeit a good one who can handle the bat. How'd we end that inning? Down 4-0 instead of 4-1...in the 3rd.

And yes...Ricky is still horrible.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Even I think he should be batting 2nd.  Does the Sox no good to have him hitting singles with no one on base because the bottom of the order is incompetent.

There is literally no justifiable reason to have him batting 9th.  Absolutely zero.

Jose said it best that the team took the foot off the gas after clinching a playoff spot. Sad because that shouldn’t have been just “the goal” this season. The manager says it’s “just baseball” and now the team looks like it couldn’t beat a AAA team. This team needs someone to light a fire under their asses again and Ricky needs fired for not ever doing it.

3 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Anyways I’m out guys. I haven’t watched since Tuesday and my life has been better. Tuned in today and I’m already drunk. Getting too old for it. Best of luck for a win. Looking forward to the celebration if we win and Ray Ray trying to pretend he’s smart if we lose. Goodnight all. 

Dude, don’t be such a disappointment to your user name. Keep drinking.

• Haha 1

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Jose said it best that the team took the foot off the gas after clinching a playoff spot. Sad because that shouldn’t have been just “the goal” this season. The manager says it’s “just baseball” and now the team looks like it couldn’t beat a AAA team. This team needs someone to light a fire under their asses again and Ricky needs fired for not ever doing it.

It's weird cause they didn't really even celebrate getting the playoff berth. You'd think they knew of the higher goals and aspirations, but I guess not. 

4 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

It was the 3rd inning. He's your 9th hitter, albeit a good one who can handle the bat. How'd we end that inning? Down 4-0 instead of 4-1...in the 3rd.

And yes...Ricky is still horrible.

Yea, Ricky sucks but not because he didn't call for a bunt in the 3rd inning down by 4.