9/25 - Sox (34-23) vs. Cubs (32-25) - Down to the Wire - 7:10pm CDT

knightni

Just now, Middle Buffalo said:

Mazara needs to move forward toward the pitcher in the box. 

Mazara needs to get lost.  I wonder how others players feel when him and EE are constantly ran out there most nights? Working hard and productively dosen't seem like a thing for Ricky. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ironically Everett did damage...against the Sox

I had totally forgotten he played on the Expos. I remember Everett on both Sox teams, Rangers, Astros, Mets, etc. Looked up the box score and the most impressive thing was 31 runs scored in 3 hours and 28 minutes. I had forgotten about Jose Vidro and that the mercenary Orlando Cabrera was on the Expos as well. Good times haha.

8 minutes ago, skooch said:

The Quintana trade doesn't seem so lopsided anymore.

It really never was... neither Cease (no control but great stuff) and Eloy (awful defensively) wouldn’t have helped the Cubs during their window as a much as a quality starter would have (Quintana) . It didn’t work out for the Cubs and Quintana, and the edge will go to the Sox but the logic was there on the Cubs part 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

this matchup tonight was another reason to not fuck around in Cleveland by allowing Make-A-Wish relievers to pitch. This matchup is a loss for the Sox probably 85 pct of the time

Yup, had we just won 1 game in Cleveland, we basically lock up the 4 spot. But now you basically gotta win these last 2 games after tonight to avoid being the 7th seed and playing on the road. 

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Of course Cleveland and Minnesota are both losing and we won’t take advantage of it

Cleveland was getting no hit by the Pirates. I think that speaks to how poorly we played against them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Sad that such a promising season a week ago has come to this.   Even when we get to the postseason we only have 2005 to hold onto, thankfully because 1983, 93, 2000, not that fun.  And the final week of 2008. Not even sure when/if Robert can right the ship. 

Edited by caulfield12