9/25 - Sox (34-23) vs. Cubs (32-25) - Down to the Wire - 7:10pm CDT

knightni

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Still JMO, but I hate this crap now. You don’t want a guy to bat flip? Get him out.

I guess we are ok with someone plunking Anderson in the helmet next time he hits one.

Contreras is annoying af, but yeah. Get him out for the rest of the series.

Just now, RudyLawRules said:

Could Ricky not even get tossed there? Or did he? He needed to kick dirt.

He should have argued like that in Cleveland when Angel Hernandez's strike zone was the width of both batters boxes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

This would be one of the biggest chokes ever if the postseason rules didn’t change this year 

Said it a few days ago that it had a 2012 feel.  Only real difference is temporary rules allowed them to secure a playoff berth before they completely collapsed. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Still JMO, but I hate this crap now. You don’t want a guy to bat flip? Get him out.

I guess we are ok with someone plunking Anderson in the helmet next time he hits one.

I am with you but that was a 30 foot bat flip and you have the bullpen guys hanging on the fence screaming at Mazara.  It's one thing to celebrate something it's another with what is going on.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

I am with you but that was a 30 foot bat flip and you have the bullpen guys hanging on the fence screaming at Mazara.  It's one thing to celebrate something it's another with what is going on.

Yeah that was a bat throw, not a flip. Maybe he meant to flip it but the extra testosterone causes it to go far

Just now, harkness99 said:

Really wasn't why they were throwing at him.... cmon man lol

So you’re ok with Anderson getting hit every time he bat flips? 

no we aren’t. We like that. It’s fun. You want Contreras to drop his bat? PITCH BETTER. 

You cannot like Tim Anderson’s attitude and want the ball thrown at people because the bat flip was aggressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is sort of embarrassing. Cubs are fired up beyond belief and kicking our butts. See if we can wake up from this nightmarish end of the season at some point. Sox look like a different team frankly. I'm not mad or anything, just pointing out how it looks to me. We're getting owned, at least tonite.