9/25 - Sox (34-23) vs. Cubs (32-25) - Down to the Wire - 7:10pm CDT

knightni

33-17 on Sept 17th

34-24 after this one. 

6th straight loss.  1-7 since “clinching.”

From #1 seed, best record in the AL, to the 7th seed in the span of a week.  

2 playoff games is hardly a consolation for this complete and utter collapse. 

Edited by SouthWallace
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Sox are doing a good job getting the Cubs and Indians hot before the playoffs.

You are on to something there IMO. The Cubs looked like a very different team than the one Sox beat 2 of 3 and frankly the one the Sox played the last few years of the Sox rebuild. Cubs were into it and pissed and frankly beat up the White Sox. That bat flip was insane. The chat with Anderson on second base after he got hit looked intense. Sox really look passive and terrible but as we all know, stuff happens. I wish all Sox starters could get 12 hours sleep the next couple nights, rest up for the playoffs and return to the aggressive, fun, cocky home run hitting team of most of the season. Right now Sox blow chunks, but folks that can still change.

I will say the Sox are in a bind with RR if the Sox get swept by the Cubs and fall meekly in the playoffs. Is that a fireable offense after playing so well most of the COVID season? I dunno but I do trust Stoney and Stoney obviously thinks RR is a dud by his tweets. I'd personally defer to Stoney I guess and axe Ricky for somebody else.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

You are on to something there IMO. The Cubs looked like a very different team than the one we beat 2 of 3 and frankly the one we've played the last few years of the Sox rebuild. Cubs were into it and pissed and frankly beat up the White Sox. That bat flip was insane. The chat with Anderson on second base after he got hit looked intense. Sox really look passive and terrible but as we all know, stuff happens. I wish all our starters could get 12 hours sleep the next couple nights, rest up for the playoffs and return to the aggressive, fun, cocky home run hitting team of most of the season. Right now we blow chunks, but folks that can still change.

I will say the Sox are in a bind with RR if the Sox get swept by the Cubs and fall meekly in the playoffs. Is that a fireable offense after playing so well most of the COVID season? I dunno but I do trust Stoney and Stoney obviously thinks RR is a dud by his tweets. I'd personally defer to Stoney I guess and axe Ricky for somebody else.

Yeah cause the Cubs went into the series with energy. And we were dead in the water. 

The Cubs just came off a series where they lost 3 of 4 to the Pirates. But somehow they put up 10 runs tonight. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

This team's been ruining my day for the past week. I'm almost glad it's close to over. 

Yep, it has been an awful week.  They looked completely lifeless tonight.  I hope they surprise me so I can at least see one more win this season, but unfortunately I am expecting the Cubs to sweep and we lose 2-0 wherever we go for the playoffs.  Looking like going to Minnesota, Cleveland or Oakland.  Can you imagine if they have to go back and play in Cleveland? 

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

It's crazy how things can go so good to hopelessly bad in such short time. Baseball I guess. 

Wasn’t a lot of this stuff brewing though for weeks?  Everyone knew at the deadline they were short a starter and a lefty bat.  The only thing that has really changed since then is Robert went from one of the best players to one of the worst.  James Fox said it at the deadline, the organization didn’t really care about going for it this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1