9/25 - Sox (34-23) vs. Cubs (32-25) - Down to the Wire - 7:10pm CDT

knightni

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Wasn’t a lot of this stuff brewing though for weeks?  Everyone knew at the deadline they were short a starter and a lefty bat.  The only thing that has really changed since then is Robert went from one of the best players to one of the worst.  James Fox said it at the deadline, the organization didn’t really care about going for it this season.

Fathom is on fire this thread. All his posts are right there. I do think your Robert observation is huge. I know I can be captain obvious, but his bat when it is sizzling makes a huge difference. If he is like this, resembling a singles hitter who is overmatched at the plate, Sox have no chance. Only way Sox can win is if Eloy/Robert are sizzling. It's contagious and all up to them and did I hear Eloy is hurt? Foot sprain? Yikes. No Eloy/bad Robert equals no wins. Early season Robert/healthy Eloy means WS title.

Tomorrow is a big game.  Sox didn’t look lifeless in Cleveland—their manager took games away from them.  They looked lifeless tonight.  I hope Ricky didn’t succeed in sucking all the life essence from this team in Cleveland.  They need to come out strong tomorrow—they can do it (Cubs lost 7-0 to Pittsburgh 24 hours ago), but they need to flush this away.  This one worried me.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m sorry, you don’t just turn on a switch after they turned it off this week.  This season seems over.

The Indians and Cubs did. Of course, the Indians and Cubs got to play us. Can we play us? Let's do another intersquad scrimmage on Monday to bust our slump!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sox have only one chance -- the LONG BALL. If Sox regain the upper cut home run touch, they win. If they don't, they strikeout and lose. The all or nothing hitting approach is fine, but I feel it's more conducive to being a .500 team at best. Cause u are not gonna hit dingers ALL SEASON. Hopefully Sox will get hot and go on a roll when the playoffs start. Sox remain the same team if Eloy is healthy. Capable of hitting 3-4 bombs a game.

Edited by greg775

Can we talk for a moment on just *how* embarrassing this team is right now?

I woke up today, checked twitter, and was shocked to find the twitter universe unanimously making fun of our white sox. Why? Because the team that has TA is hitting batters for bat flipping.

It's one thing to be laughed at because we can't play baseball... every team goes in slumps, some massive. It happens.

It's another thing to be laughed at because we are a hypocritical, backwards ass organization.

That was a complete embarrassment. Did Rickey decide this? Someone else?

p.s. the cubs handled that situation extremely well and showed how class of on organization they are.

Edited by iWiN4PreP
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I woke up today, checked twitter, and was shocked to find the twitter universe unanimously making fun of our white sox. Why? Because the team that has TA is hitting batters for bat flipping.

It's one thing to be laughed at because we can't play baseball... every team goes in slumps, some massive. It happens.

It's another thing to be laughed at because we are a hypocritical, backwards ass organization.

p.s. the cubs handled that situation extremely well and showed how class of on organization they are.

You can shove that Cubboy. We are seeing a young team that krapped it's pants at the fifty game mark. The timing of the playoffs is a coincidence.  The collapse of Robert and malfeasance of the manager have been historic. The bat flipping is a silly sideshow.

8 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

I loved Big Hurts  comments on the postgame show last night. I welcome his passion for the White Sox He wants the White Sox to win, my type of guy. This last week has been a continuation of the dreadful Rick Hahn era. Last nights game was not only an enbarassment it has to be one of the worse games by a White Sox team in a long time. Giving up 10 runs to a team that can't hit its way out of a paper bag.  I wish the White Sox management team had as much passion for the White Sox  as Thomas does. 

2 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yes, from Chapman to Russell to their racist patriarch, nothing screams “class” like the Chicago Cubs organization.  What a joke of a comment.