9/25 - Sox (34-23) vs. Cubs (32-25) - Down to the Wire - 7:10pm CDT

knightni

Let's finish the regular season with a sweep!

Chicago Cubs (32-25, first in the NL Central) vs. Chicago White Sox (34-23, second in the AL Central)

Guaranteed Rate Field Chicago, IL; Friday, 7:10 p.m. CDT

PITCHING PROBABLES: Chicago: Yu Darvish (7-3, 2.22 ERA) Chicago: Dylan Cease (5-3, 3.52 ERA)

LINE: Cubs favored by 1 1/2 runs; over/under is 8 1/2 runs

BOTTOM LINE: Sox enter the game as losers of their last five games.

The White Sox are 17-10 on their home turf. The Chicago offense has compiled a .261 batting average as a team this season, good for sixth in the majors. Tim Anderson leads the team with an average of .338.

The Cubs are 13-11 on the road. The Chicago pitching staff as a whole has an ERA of 3.89. Yu Darvish leads the team with a 2.22 earned run average.

TOP PERFORMERS: Jose Abreu leads the White Sox with 19 home runs and is batting .325.

Anthony Rizzo ranks second on the Cubs with 11 home runs home runs and is slugging .419.

INJURIES: White Sox: Evan Marshall: (shoulder), Jimmy Lambert: (forearm), Eloy Jimenez: (foot), Leury Garcia: (thumb).

Cubs: Brad Wieck: (hamstring), Rowan Wick: (oblique), James Norwood: (right shoulder), Tyler Chatwood: (right elbow), Ian Happ: (ankle), Ildemaro Vargas: (hamstring), Daniel Descalso: (ankle), Kris Bryant: (oblique).

WAS IT OVER WHEN THEY BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? NO

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE BRITISH WERE COMING? NO

WAS IT OVER WHEN DARTH VADER CHOPPED OFF LUKES HAND AND REVEALED HE IS HIS FATHER? NO

WAS IT OVER ON THE 5TH DAY OF THE BATTLE OF HELMS DEEP AND THEY LOOKED TO THE EAST? NO

WAS IT OVER DURING THE SPACE RACE AND RUSSIA PUT THE FIRST HUMAN INTO SPACE? NO

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO. :gosox1::cubs:

• Haha 3

For as gut-wrenching as this week's multiple manager-assisted game-forfeits have been, this team has battled and been in position to win every night on the road against the league's best pitching.  I'll say it again, they have flaws but they do not look like a "dead team" to me by any stretch.  If we were coming off, say, a 7-0 loss to cap off getting swept by the worst team in baseball I'd feel worse.  I think the guys come in fired up to beat the tiny baby animals.  This series usually serves as a springboard for one of the teams - let's make that team the Chicago White Sox.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

WAS IT OVER WHEN DARTH VADER CHOPPED OFF LUKES HAND AND REVEALED HE IS HIS FATHER? NO

WAS IT OVER ON THE 5TH DAY OF THE BATTLE OF HELMS DEEP AND THEY LOOKED TO THE EAST? NO

Was it over when Ricky mismanaged his bullpen against the Tribe? Yes. We were in fact swept. 

If we prevent Darvish from getting the 4.50 ERA for a QS, I will refrain from posting until the completion of the playoffs.

I expect a short outing which is why I’m not tying it to an actual QS, but if he goes 4 or 5 IP and gives up 3 or more, I’m gone!

Edited by Dallas Kong

3 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Can we get a poll going on how rickey will blow tonights game?

May not have to rely on Ricky to blow the game tonight.  Hopefully Cease will surprise me (and many others) and have a good game, but giving the Cubs a bunch of walks is a recipe for a bad game.

6 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Was it over when your mom said you couldnt live in the basement any more ?

• Haha 2