9/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox (6:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Dallas Kong said:

For some reason, I don’t really remember our 2012 collapse. Looked it up, and yeah, it was bad.

2012 was straight up exhaustion. Sale and Quintana were so far over their previous innings highs that they just had nothing left to give. 

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They'll have to replace Frank, Ozzie, Stone and even Our Chuck at this point then.

I am not too worried about Frank, but what about Stone?  Don't you think he's starting to get on real thin ice?  However 100% justified his comments were. 

I would hate to lose Stone in the booth. 

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I am not too worried about Frank, but what about Stone?  Don't you think he's starting to get on real thin ice?  However 100% justified his comments were. 

I would hate to lose Stone in the booth. 

Stone did the same sort of stuff last year except he was ranting about the fans at the time. The White Sox clearly are ok with that type of behavior.

https://www.soxmachine.com/2019/07/23/steve-stone-fans-complaining/

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

They would look like complete cowards firing Frank for being honest. This FO punted this season and the division. They better upgrade this team next year and back it up. No excuses whatsoever next season. 

I'm as aggravated as anyone about the past two weeks but this is fucking garbage 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Anderson

Moncada

Abreu

EE 

McCann

Robert

Engel

Mazara

Madrigal

I think at this point Madrigal should bat 2nd. Yeah he might hit into a weak DP but Anderson/Madrigal seems like a good way to kick start the sputtering engine. Maybe a little bit of hit and run offense. Then just drop everyone else a spot.

Not just as a WS fan but as a baseball fan, it would be really fun if the Twins lose tonight, and CLE and the WS win. 3 way tie heading into the last game of the season! It has been a miserable slog for us but the last week must have been exciting as hell for neutral fans around the league.

I put this in another thread so I'll just copy and paste it here. I realize with Eloy hurt Mazara has to be out there but :

Engel against RH's is way better than Mazara has been.   You get his defense and speed too.

Plus the chance to use the Rally Engel !

I really have no idea why Mazara is still playing. He has to be the worst OF in baseball with his current stats. His OPS+ is 57.

Engel's is 115.

Mazara has been 2019 Delmonico, Cordell and Charlie Tilson bad !

Mazara has even managed to make 2019 John Jay look cromulent.

The fact that they are still using him at all is more mindboggling than throwing Rodon into the fire in his 1st appearance.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

I'm usually the cync/troll who just throws fire out there. Started the post earlier this season about getting rid of Ranger Rick as manager (which needs to happen at some point). However ...

... in an 8 team AL playoff in empty stadiums, 1st rd best-of-three, none of this really matters. Sure team MOJO has taken a pounding, but, as stands right now, we get the As, the Twinkies getting the Astros and Indians getting the frickin Yankees. I'll take it. 

To quote Bill Murray in Meatballs, "It just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter..." 

What Kyyle said.

Also, like other Sox fans, I hate when we lose to the Cubs let alone when we get get blown out like yesterday.  I hope Dunning goes at least 5 innings, but I have to admit, I am concerned that  he  could get lit up by the Cubs. It that happened it could cause the Sox to react and to lose focus on the play-offs.  Again, the Cub series is always relevant, but it could become a real distraction.

58 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I put this in another thread so I'll just copy and paste it here. I realize with Eloy hurt Mazara has to be out there but :

Engel against RH's is way better than Mazara has been.   You get his defense and speed too.

Plus the chance to use the Rally Engel !

I really have no idea why Mazara is still playing. He has to be the worst OF in baseball with his current stats. His OPS+ is 57.

Engel's is 115.

Mazara has been 2019 Delmonico, Cordell and Charlie Tilson bad !

Mazara has even managed to make 2019 John Jay look cromulent.

The fact that they are still using him at all is more mindboggling than throwing Rodon into the fire in his 1st appearance.

It is part of the reason that I suggested to put Engel in CF and Robert in RF and if that works, to leave it that way for a while.

Robert has a great arm which is needed in RF.  Engel has wall climbing ability  and can cover as much ground as Robert.

Mazara should be out of the picture .