9/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox (6:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Velocity was the same as usual. His stuff just isn’t anything special and he got away with a lot of hitters chasing out of the zone when he first came up.

He needs his control. Guys coming back from TJ have control issues at times.  What we got out of him this year was gravy.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Too bad we couldn't be getting Andrew Vaughn some playoff ABs instead of watching the parrot strike out, popup and occasionally hit a solo dong.It was very good offensiv

Would have liked to see Vaughn over EE.

In a Heartbeat I would’ve given Zach Collins at bats against right handed pitchers  as a DH. It was very good offensively last year. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

To be honest, with how this team played down the stretch it was probably the right call not to overpay for rentals.

Vaughn for EE, less Mazara more Engel.  Not banking on Rodon being some magical addition.  Any combination of the above well could have dramatically altered the way the faired in September. 

Velocity was the same as usual. His stuff just isn’t anything special and he got away with a lot of hitters chasing out of the zone when he first came up.

His stuff is good enough to be a middle of the rotation / back end starter. 

Let's not poo poo that. 

He's just having dead arm issues right now.    

I watched a couple starts at Birmingham last year and he was constantly 93-95.   

• Like 1

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I don't know why...but tonight feels like a 7-6 or 8-7 win. Runs are coming again FOR sure. flame me to death if they suck, but it's Cub/Sox. weird things always happen. 

I hope you're right, but they need to get a run soon in order to keep any fractional percent of hope alive.