9/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox (6:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

Yankees have the tiebreaker vs. the Jays with a better ALE record.

Oakland has the tiebreaker on the Twins, but not the Sox. So if the A's win tomorrow and the Twins lose, the A's will be the 2 seed and Minny will be the 3rd if the Sox lose. In any situation where the Sox win the ALC, they will be the 2 seed and play Cleveland.

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep. Home run hitting team that is capable of prolonged slumps. Good talent when clicking, but swings at too many bad pitches. Both teams have two starters are that dependable then it is a crap shoot. Those two pitchers on both of our teams aren't really scaring teams like the Yankees. 

The thing is that Minny hasn't won a playoff game against the Yankees for the past 15 years and they were a different kind of team until they got good recently. The Yankees just have their number.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Oakland has the tiebreaker on the Twins, but not the Sox. So if the A's win tomorrow and the Twins lose, the A's will be the 2 seed and Minny will be the 3rd if the Sox lose. In any situation where the Sox win the ALC, they will be the 2 seed and play Cleveland.

That would be my ideal scenario. Sox win the division and #3 seed to get the Astros at home. That’s the best possible first round matchup but unfortunately with Oakland dropping a DH today not going to happen :(

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

That’s tough.  I want the division, but Cleveland is the team I want to face the least. 

Crochet-Foster-Marshall-Bummer-Heuer-Colome will play next week.

If the Yankees lose and Toronto wins tomorrow, they’ll be tied for the top two tiebreakers. Apparently the third is intradivisional record for the last 20 games played, which is creative I guess.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And the Yankees are 11-18 on the road this season.

I'm pretty sure they played a lot of road games when most of their team was injured and they lost 10 straight or something ridiculous like that. Their lineup looks very different now.

1 minute ago, Cerbaho-WG said:

Crochet-Foster-Marshall-Bummer-Heuer-Colome will play next week.

If the Yankees lose and Toronto wins tomorrow, they’ll be tied for the top two tiebreakers. Apparently the third is intradivisional record for the last 20 games played, which is creative I guess.

I had no idea the Jays were playing the O's. They're 1 game behind the Yankees in the ALE.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

If we play Cleveland I would start DK game 1. And have Crochet ready to pitch a few innings after he leaves to mess with their swings. Game two is Gio for me. 

Gio has a history of pitching well against them. Cleveland is probably the best matchup for Gio.