9/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox (6:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

MVP has become the fWAR title. 

He who accumulates the most fWAR wins MVP. 

Abreu actually leads Ramirez in bWAR and it's all because UZR thinks Jose is bad at 1B while DRS thinks he's been well above average. If you take defense out of the equation due to this season's small and inconclusive sample size, I think Abreu and Ramirez would be pretty close to tied in fWAR.

40 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s really not difficult. I’d be shocked if Abreu doesn’t win by a fair margin.

Agreed. In a two month season, a pitcher isn’t going to win an MVP short of a quality start every time and no offensive player really standing out. Abreu has it in the bag.

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Correct, whereas the A's on the road...that's been hell historically for the Sox

Historically the A's have their longest losing streak franchise to franchise against the White Sox. 15 games straight losing to the  Sox during the 1964 and 1965 seasons when the franchise was in Kansas City. Those A's teams had a player we are all familiar with. Ken "Hawk" Harrelson.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

10 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

If its game 3 in the playoffs, why not just see what crochets got?

Workload and strength concerns with injury precautions... he hasn’t thrown much in the past year really, from what I know.