9/27 GT: Cubs @ Sox (2:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Dallas Kong said:

I sat at my desk at work all morning waiting for this moment and forty minutes into it, I was forced to turn it off and go back to staring at my inbox. Genuinely, fuck you, ReyLo.

I’m sincerely sorry you’re working on a Sunday.

6 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Too many negative comments to rebut here. To me the bottom line is most people didn’t even think we would be Looking at the  Playoffs this year. Be happy with that and knowing things aren’t over till they are. We will be right in this and next year will be even better 

You can be happy with what the Sox did this year and that they are perhaps ahead of schedule, while also being pissed that they are falling apart here late. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

Teams will do it, but I don't even think people should be putting up division champs banners next year unless there's an asterisk on it.

I don't ever recall a "Wild Card" Banner in any sport.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Too many negative comments to rebut here. To me the bottom line is most people didn’t even think we would be Looking at the  Playoffs this year. Be happy with that and knowing things aren’t over till they are. We will be right in this and next year will be even better 

I believe most here are happy they made the playoffs, but understandably upset with how the last week has gone. Are you excited about Tue? I’m not, and I’d be shocked if anyone else here is either. We expect an early exit 

This season has been a great step forward for the rebuild, but it’s not done. And now let’s see how they perform in the coming season with some expectations

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I'm sure it's been said, but SURELY it's not coincidence that they won yesterday when Ricky was gone but are getting their asses stomped today when he comes back.

That's my scalding hot take and, fortunately for you guys, will be my only contribution to this thread.  Got better things to do than watch this bullshit.

7 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

I sat at my desk at work all morning waiting for this moment and forty minutes into it, I was forced to turn it off and go back to staring at my inbox. Genuinely, fuck you, ReyLo.

Yeah, if I am being honest I still have the game open on my second monitor, but only because it gives me good incentive to keep working, so I don't have to watch.

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I believe most here are happy they made the playoffs, but understandably upset with how the last week has gone. Are you excited about Tue? I’m not, and I’d be shocked if anyone else here is either. We expect an early exit 

This season has been a great step forward for the rebuild, but it’s not done. And now let’s see how they perform in the coming season with some expectations

Honestly, after the Twins series and even after the Reds series, I would have expected us to compete as well as anyone else. And as much as anyone else, I would have expected them to have a chance at all of it (a better chance than the dregs of the playoffs, for sure). But now? We are the dregs. We are the easy opponent everyone else is salivating for. If we can punch someone in the mouth for their excitement, that’d be great but I don’t anticipate it.

Also, with the expanded playoffs, it would have been nice to win the division and claim a “legit” playoff spot. I suppose we’re still the fourth or fifth wildcard team, but...meh.

13 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

They pissed away a division title.  That is a real accomplishment and was within their grasp.  No amount “just be happy they made the playoffs” changes that.  No one is telling you how to be a fan - maybe let those of us upset at how this season finished do the same?

• Like 2

Just now, Soxfest said:

Team was just happy from day 1 they made the playoffs and became complacent 

I think that’s the truth. They weren’t pushed by RR either. He may have thought the division and seeding was in the bag. Maybe he didn’t care. But all i know is, we’ll look back at 2020 as a great step forward with the rebuild....followed by a late season collapse.