9/27 GT: Cubs @ Sox (2:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

So when we lose... if the twins, Indians, a’s, and Yankees also lose with the Blue Jays winning, we face the blue jays as the 4 seed.

That’s probably the best outcome possible at this point and aside from the twins game being tied... so far it’s coming to pass.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If you don't mind, what do you do for a living?

Emergency management at a state level. A child recently died in my state from brain eating amoeba in the local water supply, so we’re handling the distribution of bottled water to entire town. That’s a recent development though- for the last six months we’ve been coordinating COVID response. It’s interesting, but it’s a 24/7 thing.

Just now, Dallas Kong said:

Emergency management at a state level. A child recently died in my state from brain eating amoeba in the local water supply, so we’re handling the distribution of bottled water to entire town. That’s a recent development though- for the last six months we’ve been coordinating COVID response. It’s interesting, but it’s a 24/7 thing.

I read about that. In Houston I believe. Poor kid. 

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

They pissed away a division title.  That is a real accomplishment and was within their grasp.  No amount “just be happy they made the playoffs” changes that.  No one is telling you how to be a fan - maybe let those of us upset at how this season finished do the same?

As much flak as he has gotten this week, I actually really respect Ray's decision to just close out of sox talk lately. If you can be optimistic about the Sox this week, I am happy for you, and I understand it must be annoying for an optimist to be surrounded by angry and depressed fans. But you are not going to talk them out of those emotions any more than they will (or should) talk you into depression, and it just annoys both sides, so just walk away! 

It sounds simple - doomspiral sox fans are ruining your enjoyment so don't spend time with doomspiralling sox fans - but I think we all know how hard it can be to keep sox talk closed, so yeah, I just respect the ability to know when its best for yourself personally to walk away and to be able to execute that.

(Not that I am saying optimistic fans NEED to go away! Just that it is sometimes, like this week, it may be the right decision for them.) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

They pissed away a division title.  That is a real accomplishment and was within their grasp.  No amount “just be happy they made the playoffs” changes that.  No one is telling you how to be a fan - maybe let those of us upset at how this season finished do the same?

Next year that “happy to be here” excuse goes away. They’ll have to earn it over a (likely) 162 game season. Anything less is a disaster. 2021 is what everyone is saying right? All those other rebuild teams took the next step after an initial playoff loss right? Hahn is going to have his work cut out this offseason

I'm watching the Pirates game and their dugout/bullpen is having a lot of fun. Sox just don't have any energy right now. You'd think the win last night would help, but that 6 game losing streak just drained any semblance of life from this team.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I'm watching the Pirates game and their dugout/bullpen is having a lot of fun. Sox just don't have any energy right now. You'd think the win last night would help, but that 6 game losing streak just drained any semblance of life from this team.

It’s plain straight up pitiful.

8 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

That is much more interesting than this game

• Like 2