9/27 GT: Cubs @ Sox (2:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

What he say

Stone "You made it really easy for me to do this. I can really say it was probably the most entertaining year I've had in the booth."

Benetti "I appreciate you everyday we get to do this together. And I'm going to miss it dearly". 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Stone "You made it really easy for me to do this. I can really say it was probably the most entertaining year I've had in the booth."

Benetti "I appreciate you everyday we get to do this together. And I'm going to miss it dearly". 

I think it's cause they won't be doing anymore games this year. They talked about getting back together in ST.

6 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I don’t know, winning the division as the 3rd seed facing Hou or the 4 seed hosting Tor seem better.  Oh Well, to Oakland we go...

Best outcome considering how the day started, I should have said.
Down 6 - 0 in the second inning and all that wonderful great lovely joy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

They got a good draw out of it though with Oakland. 

Sox haven’t fared well in Oak the last 3 years but it’s someone different.  It won’t be more Minnesota or Cleveland misery.  Oakland is the lesser of those three evils no doubt. 

Easy to stay dispassionate when I didn’t watch (for a change), but seems like a pretty good day.  We avoid Cleveland.  We get a lefty starter in game 1.  Our offense woke up and battled back again, scored 8 runs (sounds like overcame some bad calls too), and we lost because a guy who will not be starting in the playoffs anyway gave up a bunch of runs.  Yes the division would’ve been nice the playoffs are the real show.  Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Is he even pitching the first two games? 

Oakland's rotation is not good. Manea's ERA looks bad but his peripherals are actually really good. Bassitt has been good this year, but he doesn't have impressive stuff. Luzardo isn't great yet, but he has great stuff. They have Fiers and Minor as the back end of their rotation.

Oakland doesn't have a bunch of impact players after they lost Chapman, they have solid players everywhere and that adds up. Their backend of the bullpen is also lights out with Hendricks and Diekman.