9/27 GT: Cubs @ Sox (2:10pm)

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Easy to stay dispassionate when I didn’t watch (for a change), but seems like a pretty good day.  We avoid Cleveland.  We get a lefty starter in game 1.  Our offense woke up and battled back again, scored 8 runs (sounds like overcame some bad calls too), and we lost because a guy who will not be starting in the playoffs anyway gave up a bunch of runs.  Yes the division would’ve been nice the playoffs are the real show.  Am I missing something?

Yes.  This team has lost 8 of its last 10 games.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

They got a good draw out of it though with Oakland. 

Draw is good  but I don't like having to go and play in Oakland.  Hottest AL teams coming in are Rays and Indians so the rest are all .500ish. 

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

...all after clinching a playoff berth and continuously throwing crap at the wall like It was spring training (which it may as well have been).  New ballgame now.  

This team doesn't have an on/off switch.  Momentum matters.  We are playing the worse baseball out of any team in the field right now.  Its nothing to be happy about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

On the bright side, Oakland might be the only team worse than the Twins when it comes to winning playoff series.  1-11 in their last 12 playoff series, with the one win being against said Twins.  Lol.

lol that's incredible

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

That's why Engel needs to start in CF, Robert in right, Garcia in LF, and Eloy as DH. 

honestly...Eloy slightly tweaking his ankle may be the best thing to happen to the sox. Eloy as DH and Engel in LF makes the sox so much better as a team. We wont have to see EE except for a pinch hit and the defense will be NAILS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

honestly...Eloy slightly tweaking his ankle may be the best thing to happen to the sox. Eloy as DH and Engel in LF makes the sox so much better as a team. We wont have to see EE except for a pinch hit and the defense will be NAILS

Grandal will be at DH. McCann is catching Giolito game 1.

Oakland, huh?

That's an amazing match up.

Cleveland would have sucked, big time, with their pitching staff and how we have been playing.
New York would have been OK, but their hitting is scary and I think would decimate our weak SP.

Oakland really doesn't have shit. Their offense is not good, their pitching has outperformed their skillset. 

Honestly, I'm super happy with that -- I think the White Sox will own this.

I do have them losing to the Twins in the next round tho.