White Sox/A's-- Pre-series Discussion

flavum

I like it. Obviously the sox could easily lose that series especially if they keep hitting like the last 7 games but still oakland at least has 2 left handed starters and an OK but not super great offense.

The sox need to score early though because he As have a lights out pen, so they sox need to score multiple runs the first 5 innings

The As are not an easy opponent but definitely prefer them over the Yankees or Indians.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It wouldn't be a surprise if we won. I like the matchup but with the days off leading up to the ALDS, I think we need a short leash on SP's. Oakland's bullpen is lights out, so it will be important for us to get early leads.

I would start DK game one. I would also play Garcia in LF if healthy, Engel in CF, and Robert in RF while Eloy DH's.  

Robert is not playing RF

• Thanks 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Another thing to mention: on Tuesday it'll be cool in Chicago. It'll be 86 in NoCal. Maybe that helps Abreu, Moncada and Robert?

very good point also gonna help if they advance they wouldn't have to travel far to LA for the NLDS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

No Matt Chapman, a declining offense (to be fair, ours has been too), and lefty starting pitchers that are objectively worse than Giolito/Keuchel. Wish we were at home, but couldn't have gotten a better matchup

Yep this is as good as you could hope for.  Some signs of life from Robert was great this weekend, and the main bullpen pieces look dynamic.